1. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 10:43
    As it feels slightly impoite to have automated reminders sent to my opponenets, how can I stop theses from being sent out??
  2. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 11:41
    You can't stop them being sent out but they (and you) can stop receiving them. My Settings / My Site Settings, take the tick out of the top box for email notifications.

P.S. Why do I get the feeling that you know this already but just like asking cryptic, inverted questions?! 😕
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 11:50
    Originally posted by Exy
    You can't stop them being sent out but they (and you) can stop receiving them. My Settings / My Site Settings, take the tick out of the top box for email notifications.

P.S. Why do I get the feeling that you know this already but just like asking cryptic, inverted questions?! 😕
    Because, and this is something I'm starting to understand, i think your higly suspiscious or paranoid, like when you thought I was Kris1234!! As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 11:534 edits
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    Because, and this is something I'm starting to understand, i think your higly suspiscious or paranoid, like when you thought I was Kris1234!! As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
    So do tell, why do you ask such pointless questions? I notice that rather than thank and rec me for giving you the answers you're too lazy to read in the FAQ, you choose to prolong the thread with triviality.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 11:561 edit
    Originally posted by Exy
    So do tell, why do you ask such pointless questions?
    Questions are pointless when you know the answers......

as a long term suscriber they may seem pointles to u as YOU know the answers, to others that dont they aren't pointless. For example the question of this thread has been answered for me now, so I learnt something knew ergo it wasn't a pointless question......jeez

and if you REALLY think they're pointless...why are you answering them...surely answering what you think is a pointless question, is pointless
  6. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 11:591 edit
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    Questions are pointless when you know the answers......

as a long term suscriber they may seem pointles to u as YOU know the answers, to others that dont they aren't pointless. For example the question of this thread has been answer ...[text shortened]... ely answering what you think is a pointless question, is pointless
    Didn't you think the wording of your question was illogical? You can't decide for your opponents whether they wish to receive email notifications or not?!

Maybe if you hadn't also started a thread asking "How do I start a new thread?" I wouldn't be quite so suspicious of your intentions! Funnily enough Kris1234 posted exactly the same ridiculous thread around the same time. 😉
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 12:02
    Originally posted by Exy
    Didn't you think the wording of your question was illogical? You can't decide for your opponents whether they wish to receive email notifications or not?!

Maybe if you hadn't also started a thread asking "How do I start a new thread?" I wouldn't be quite so suspicious of your intentions! Funnily enough Kris1234 posted exactly the same ridiculous thread around the same time. 😉
    Mate.....This is the last time I'm gonna say it....I AM NOT KRIS1234!!!!

AND IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANY ONLINE WAY FOR ME TO HELP PROVE THIS AND EASE UR WORRIED MIND!! i AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO CO-OPERATE X
  8. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 12:041 edit
    Well, seeing as "Russ is your dad", I'm surprised you don't just ask him all your questions, as he's the RHP Godhead!

I think people are getting just a little tired of your BS clogging up the forums.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 12:12
    Originally posted by Exy
    Well, seeing as "Russ is your dad", I'm surprised you don't just ask him all your questions, as he's the RHP Godhead!

I think people are getting just a little tired of your BS clogging up the forums.
    Listen loads of people clog up the forums..it seems the norm, and your more than guilty of that youself albeit by posts to threads...And if you check some of my threads there is a high post reply, and alot of them are sensible threads such as the one ofn the general forum who is/was the greatest chess player, or the one on debates forum, patriotism is an encoded racism....I think you'r just bored and want someone to argue with.

I've e-mailed kris1234 about your paronoia, and hopefully he'll put your mind at rest. that email was the last effort I'm going to make to appease you so post away...you will be ignored.
  10. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 12:142 edits
    Well, you know what they say about "first impressions" lasting, when it comes to you and the bulk of your initial posts, this is very much the case and for someone who claims to be 39, I'm constantly surprised how infantile you come across.
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 12:20
    Originally posted by Exy
    Well, you know what they say about "first impressions" lasting, when it comes to you and the bulk of your initial posts, this is very much the case and for someone who claims to be 39, I'm constantly surprised how infantile you come across.
    there's osme olvely people on RHP.dont you think fellow chessplayers 😕
  12. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 12:232 edits
    Osme make pens don't they? 😉

I don't think I'm being unfair - I answered your question, which you could have avoided by reading the FAQ.

Please stop posting so much rhetoric in the forums, I admit some of your posts are interesting but the vast majority are tommyrot, sir, and I'm sure you know it.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 12:32
    Originally posted by Exy
    Osme make pens don't they? 😉

I don't think I'm being unfair - I answered your question, which you could have avoided by reading the FAQ.

Please stop posting so much rhetoric in the forums, I admit some of your posts are interesting but the vast majority are tommyrot I'm afraid and I'm sure you know it.
    tommyrot?? why dont you just say what yoy emailed me...here I 'll do it for you

>Don't bother defending yourself to me - you can't deny that the majority of your posts are bullsh1t, sooner or later people are going to get sick of reading your crap.

So be warned people, think befiore you ask questions on the help forum as the self selected forum controller Exy... might verbally abuse you too

14. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 12:343 edits
    Yes, bullsh1t is another word for tommyrot.

1) I would not have chosen such blunt language in the forum but the meaning is entirely the same.

2) You are a coward, sir, if you think it's appropriate to quote private messages in a public forum.

Please desist now. Most people know I'm of even temperament and usually extremely helpful - even your fatuous query was answered without quibble. I'm just telling you, unless you want to be branded the new RHP forum troll, lay off a bit and think before you post.
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 12:47
    Originally posted by Exy
    Yes, bullsh1t is another word for tommyrot.

1) I would not have chosen such blunt language in the forum but the meaning is entirely the same.

2) You are a coward, sir, if you think it's appropriate to quote private messages in a public forum.

Please desist now. Most people know I'm of even temperament and usually extremely helpful - even your fatuo ...[text shortened]... unless you want to be branded the new RHP forum troll, lay off a bit and think before you post.
    As I've said....why dont you address that to all theo thers you think are guilty of this, I believe kris1234 is one forum user that you mentioned...

You're not the forum controller and if you were you'd be vastly overworked

Now please save your so called advise for someone who asks for it

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree