Originally posted by Serendipity
    Now please save your so called advise for someone who asks for it
    Does that mean you'll stop asking the dumbass questions then? πŸ˜‰
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 15:43
    You two should take this arguement onto the Jerry Springer show.... at least that way there'd be a fight and it'd be slightly entertaining 😴
  3. The sky
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 18:44
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    As it feels slightly impoite to have automated reminders sent to my opponenets, how can I stop theses from being sent out??
    Back to the question. πŸ˜‰ I am not sure Exy really answered your question, because I am not sure what you mean by "automated reminders". What Exy was talking about are move notifications. They are automated, but I wouldn't call them "reminders", because their purpose is to let you know when someone has made a move in your games, not to tell you it's about time you'd make a move. These can be enabled or disabled in your settings, like Exy said. But there are also "move reminders", which you can send to your opponent when he/she hasn't moved for some days. But these are not automated, they will only be sent if you click that link (which pops up after your opponent hasn't moved for a while). So it's easy for you to spare your opponent for those, but you can't do anything about getting them if someone chooses to send them, other than setting up a filter in your e-mail program.
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 19:07
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=faq

Q. How do I turn off the move notification emails?

A. While not necessarily recommended if you're new to the site, you can turn off email notification by clicking 'My Settings' >> ‘My Site Settings’ menu. Here you can toggle your email move notifications setting. It is worth familiarising yourself with the other settings that can be changed here too.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    29 Jul '05 21:45
    Originally posted by Exy
    [b]http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=faq

Q. How do I turn off the move notification emails?

A. While not necessarily recommended if you're new to the site, you can turn off email notification by clicking 'My Settings' >> ‘My Site Settings’ menu. Here you can toggle your email move notifications setting. It is worth familiarising yourself with the other settings that can be changed here too.[/b]
    Yes, but turning off e-mail reminders is not an option.
  6. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '05 08:01
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Yes, but turning off e-mail reminders is not an option.
    Indeed - and turning off your opponents email notifications is certainly not an option! πŸ˜•
  7. The sky
    Moves
    30 Jul '05 09:55
    Originally posted by Exy
    Indeed - and turning off your opponents email notifications is certainly not an option! πŸ˜•
    Er, no, of course not, luckily... Did anyone say it was? πŸ˜• I am confused...
  8. Joined
    23 Jun '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '05 13:181 edit
    Originally posted by Exy
    Well, seeing as "Russ is your dad", I'm surprised you don't just ask him all your questions, as he's the RHP Godhead!

I think people are getting just a little tired of your BS clogging up the forums.
    I think that comment (see page 1) was a little uncalled for...wasn't it?

btw, I, personally, agree with what Serendipity is saying - questions are not pointless unless u know the answers (see page 1 of this thread).
  9. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '05 13:233 edits
    Originally posted by skims
    I think that comment (see page 1) was a little uncalled for...wasn't it?
    Only if you take it out of context.

However, If you read all of my responses in order in this thread and then care to look through the forums and read the rest of Serendipity's posts - such gems as a new thread containing the question "How do I start a new thread?", along with making claims that Russ is his father, and countless others, then I think you'd agree that it's a perfectly valid reaction.

I don't take people to task readily, I answered his question and merely suggested that Serendipity already knew the answer, as I credit him with more intelligence than he displays. Do you think his reaction was that of a totally innocent person? I would have thought a thank you was first in order. The FAQ is there for a reason and whether you've subscribed or not it's wise to read it before posing questions in the forums.
  10. Joined
    23 Jun '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '05 14:071 edit
    Originally posted by Exy
    Only if you take it out of context.

However, If you read all of my responses in order in this thread and then care to look through the forums and read the rest of Serendipity's posts - such gems as a new thread containing the question "Ho ...[text shortened]... r not it's wise to read it before posing questions in the forums.
    I think you mean 'posting messages in the forums'.

Note the 't' in posting, lol πŸ™‚
  11. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '05 21:39
    Originally posted by skims
    I think you mean 'posting messages in the forums'.

Note the 't' in posting, lol πŸ™‚
    Um - no. You "pose a question". What do they teach kids in school these days?! πŸ™„
  12. The sky
    Moves
    31 Jul '05 00:35
    Originally posted by Exy
    Um - no. You "pose a question". What do they teach kids in school these days?! πŸ™„
    To post messages instead of posing questions? πŸ™„
  13. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '05 08:57
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    To post messages instead of posing questions? πŸ™„
    ...that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The spams and slurs of snotty-nosed non-subs,
    Or take umbridge and hit the 'Alert Mod' button !!!

πŸ˜‰

14. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    31 Jul '05 09:02
    Originally posted by Exy
    ...that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The spams and slurs of snotty-nosed non-subs,
    Or take umbridge and hit the 'Alert Mod' button !!!

πŸ˜‰

Why, look you, how you storm!

I would be friends with you, and have your sub πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree