Moves
    24 Jan '05 00:25
    how do I ge an avatar?
  2. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    24 Jan '05 09:23
    go to "My settings" -> "My forum settings"
    enter a URL link (i.e. a web address) of the picture you want: 50x50 pixels in size. The URL must be publically available requiring no password to get to the it is hosted on.
  3. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    27 Jan '05 16:26
    Tried to set up an avatar , well , the girlfriend did most of the work . Can somone inside tell me if it's simply under review , or has it been done wrong ?
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '05 19:10
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    Tried to set up an avatar , well , the girlfriend did most of the work . Can somone inside tell me if it's simply under review , or has it been done wrong ?
    Yours ain't working on my machine, bro...
  5. Joined
    06 Feb '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '05 21:10
    Right click the avatar you want then click properties to get the proper url.It must be copied exactly as you see it http:// etc. .If you get the empty box you copied it wrong
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '05 21:51
    just testing my avatar
  7. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 00:02
    You cannot link to that picture: the webmast has disallowed it.
    from the page sourse:
    <!-- 403 Forbidden -->
    <!-- The file specified (/img/DeadCrow.jpg) may not be linked from web pages outside of this host (dichromosarts.com). -->
    <!-- tigershark/3.0.113 at <A href="http://www.directnic.com/">dn3.directnic.com</A> -->
  8. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 00:45
    Aw crap . I liked that one . So it's not something we did technically wrong , it's that it's like copyrighted or something , right ?
  9. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 01:00
    Aw crap . I liked that one . So it's not something we did technically wrong , it's that it's like copyrighted or something , right ?
    yup something like that: you'll just need to find another pic somewhere else.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 03:59
    You could set up an imageshack account and host the image on that.
  11. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 04:41
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You could set up an imageshack account and host the image on that.
    I don't know that we wouldn't have the same problem with that image . We had to pull it into a photoshop thing and crop it as it wasn't 50x50 pics . Then we hosted the cropped image on one of her websites . Evidently it won't let rhp pull it again from a different (host)site .
  12. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Jan '05 12:25
    I don't know that we wouldn't have the same problem with that image . We had to pull it into a photoshop thing and crop it as it wasn't 50x50 pics . Then we hosted the cropped image on one of her websites . Evidently it won't let rhp pull it again from a different (host)site .
    Have to tried mailing it to somebody first, then hosting it? Just a thought. I`d be happy to give it a try for you.
  13. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    29 Jan '05 19:05
    I had the same problem .. I had posted my pic a few places, and it kept not being pulled properly.. where I have it stored now is working., if you want, PM me, and I can put your avatar on my site and you can link to it.. I only had the site activated for my avatar.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree