1. Joined
    18 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '05 08:04
    Don't you just love it when you are honest and upfront and someone sticks a knife in your back?

Take my game against cascid. He sets it up with a 1 day timelimit, I contact him and say I'll play you, but never move over weekends, so if you're going to claim a timeout we might as well delete the game right now... His reply? I just don't like games that progress slowly, don't worry about it, I WON"T TIMEOUT YOU.

What happens? I beat him fairly but haven't mated him... First opportunity he gets to timeout me he does...

Oh well, lesson learned... Never trust anybody...
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '05 08:40
    Originally posted by BigBadWolf
    Don't you just love it when you are honest and upfront and someone sticks a knife in your back?

Take my game against cascid. He sets it up with a 1 day timelimit, I contact him and say I'll play you, but never move over weekends, so if you're going to claim a timeout we might as well delete the game right now... His reply? I just don't like games t ...[text shortened]... pportunity he gets to timeout me he does...

hey buddy - Never trust this CASCID guy - he surely is just a bad chess player and earns points by inviting ppl to play 1 day game.

On the other hand, dont play the games with 0 timebank. They will always take the win - no matter what.

3. Joined
    18 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '05 08:59
    Yeah, thanks... Good point on the 0 day timebank...

I guess I was simply venting. It's frustrating. Would be nice if there was a blacklist of people who do this regularly. But the admin on this would be quite a pain.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Jul '05 10:29
    Yeah, thanks... Good point on the 0 day timebank...

I guess I was simply venting. It's frustrating. Would be nice if there was a blacklist of people who do this regularly. But the admin on this would be quite a pain.
    Time management is your issue, I'm afraid to say.

Would you agree to a timed OTB game with an opponent who told you he couldn't finish the game within the time allowed?

Play at least 1/3 games if you can't play at the weekend.

D
  5. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    04 Jul '05 13:40
    Sigh.

Do I really need to say it once more? Do I?
  6. Joined
    18 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '05 14:38
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Time management is your issue, I'm afraid to say.
    Yes it is... I'm not complaining about the timeout... Simply the way in which it was approached.

Would you agree to a timed OTB game with an opponent who told you he couldn't finish the game within the time allowed?
    No, of course not, but I would consider playing someone if we had an arrangement to adjourn the game while noting the times on either player's clock's etc. The difference being that an agreement is made beforehand. Anyways, too late now and a sad lesson in not trusting people to keep their word... Life...

Play at least 1/3 games if you can't play at the weekend.
    That's my normal rule, one I won't ignore again...
  7. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    04 Jul '05 14:51
    666 moves..

You are a big bad wolf
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 02:01
    Playing 1/3 games won't stop you being timed out over the weekend if your game lasts longer than two weeks.

I don't play in the weekends so I play 3/7 mostly.
  9. Home
    Moves
    05 Jul '05 05:18

Take my game against cascid. He sets it up with a 1 day timelimit, I contact him and say I'll play you, but never move over weekends, so if you're going to claim a timeout we might as well delete the game right now... His reply? I just don't like games t ...[text shortened]... pportunity he gets to timeout me he does...

I persnaly don't timeout the ones who tell me about their situation, but alot do. I reacantly went on vacation and made shure all my games had enough time for me to make it back in time. I DON'T TRUST PEOPLE. Unless you know them I don't take the chance. If you really don't want to be timed out give yourself enough time, even extra time, to play the entire game. soem times this backfires as in my case, I had a 21 day timebank aginst a new player and he stoped playing, but as chess rules stand, when you run out of time you have lost, so in alot of cases this is what people do, it is sad but true. :'(:'(:'(😞😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree