Bad code......

Standard membermissal
Help 03 Aug '10 02:16
  1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 02:16
    ...or just a bug ? Game 7545771. Queens have earlier been exchanged and they were correctly shown in the 'captured pieces' box , just under the board. However, when I later Queen my 'f' file pawn, it is 'snatched' from the 'captured' box and the Queening pawn is shown as 'captured' ??

This is not the correct representation of the game and it needs to be addressed.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 03:58
    Originally posted by missal
    ...or just a bug ? Game 7545771. Queens have earlier been exchanged and they were correctly shown in the 'captured pieces' box , just under the board. However, when I later Queen my 'f' file pawn, it is 'snatched' from the 'captured' box and the Queening pawn is shown as 'captured' ??

This is not the correct representation of the game and it needs to be addressed.
    Do you see this as a big problem?

When you play an OTB game, do you count the peaces off the board too? How does it work there when you queen a pawn?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 04:15
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Do you see this as a big problem?

When you play an OTB game, do you count the peaces off the board too? How does it work there when you queen a pawn?
    Are you entirely stupid. This was promolgated with the 'kibitzer' in mind. Duh !
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 10:43
    Fabian is right. The sum of all pieces stays constant as is true for OtB play. If somebody is interested how the game went then they should go through the game, which is verey comfortable here.

missal, you could point out the situation in which it is important to know if the Queen has been taken, but not the way the game went.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree