1. Joined
    18 Dec '10
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 23:17
    Hi,

I guy I beat challenged me back and I didn't notice he had set it at 3/7. After 3 moves he sent me the following message:

====================
    Subject hey i'm leaving

10 days i am holding you up.

lol.

some guy did it to me yesterday.

LOL

bye
    -------------------------------------

How can I get this game cancelled?

Thanks,
    Igwiz
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 00:28
    The short answer is: you can't, sorry. The disadvantage of being a non-sub with a 6 game limit shows up in cases like this. This is very poor sportmanship to write you that note, but nothing can be done. Wait and take the skull.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 13:281 edit
    There's not much you can do about your current situation other than wait it out. Do keep an eye on the game in case they make a move.

Starting a new game of chess here is about like signing a contract. You and your opponent are agreeing to conditions and time controls and are both stuck with the agreement after the third move is made.

It's therefore a good idea to ALWAYS check the information and details of the game before you start playing. If they are not acceptable terms, cancel it instead of making a move.

My advice to everyone would be to only play games that have short timeouts and zero time banks, at least until you get to know the opponent better.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 14:10
    Originally posted by Igwiz
    Hi,

I guy I beat challenged me back and I didn't notice he had set it at 3/7. After 3 moves he sent me the following message:

====================
    Subject hey i'm leaving

lol.

LOL

bye

Thanks,
    Igwiz
    Keep in mind if this user moves in 10 days they may keep moving every 7 days. Consider resigning the game, ignoring the user in the future, and viewing all info about any new game you take. Lesson learned.

This user could hold you up 10 months if they keep it up. 10 day break now is within the time constraints of the game, you can't assume they're going to stop moving.

Poor sportsmanship for sure.
  5. Joined
    18 Dec '10
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 16:54
    Thanks guys. Lesson learnt. I will try and reason with him! Great site otherwise and enjoying getting back into it!

Cheers.
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 17:062 edits
    From what I can see, he only joined the site yesterday and now he states he's leaving. He should be named and shamed here ( !! ) as he sounds like what I'm led to believe is a classic multiple account user...is there not a TOS applicable that someone can manipulate to suite this case lol..
    Other games of note from this user, there is a name for such:
    Game 8236727
    Game 8236668
    Game 8237074

Looking on from the last game, am I sticking my neck out further by hazarding a guess that they are all the same user..a few links from that particular screen name, all created on the same day and all resigned on the same day with 1move. The ongoing games may indicate evidence of more account creations from this multiple account holder ??:
    Game 8237527
    Game 8237075
  7. Joined
    18 Dec '10
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 21:30
    Well, I sent the guy a message asking him to be reasonable and he seems to have come back to play. Let's hope he continues....
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 16:56
    Well, I sent the guy a message asking him to be reasonable and he seems to have come back to play. Let's hope he continues....
    Perhaps he's realised that he's drawing too much attention to himself ( and his four other accounts lol )...
  9. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 12:16
    Hi,

====================
    Subject hey i'm leaving

lol.

LOL

bye

Thanks,
    Igwiz
    Buy a subscription, put the person on ignore, move once every 7 days.
  10. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 00:02
    Hi,

====================
    Subject hey i'm leaving

lol.

LOL

bye

Thanks,
    Igwiz
    Maybe a little annoying, but no big deal. Just keep moving whenever he moves. The big thing is that he takes up one of your six coveted slots, you being a nonsubscriber.
  11. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 17:00
    Actually it's good to see that ( multiple ) user has done a bunk on his own accord or are these just a number of 'ghost accounts' revisited from time to time...guess we'll never know 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree