1. Joined
    21 May '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 18:29
    Hi, I have played a few times against players who suddenly were banned from the site. What is the reason of that? And how to avoid it?

Throy67
  2. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 18:42
    Usually it is either for having multiple accounts, harassing other people, or cheating.

Look at http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/removedplayers.php for a list of the removed players and the reasons for it.

Adje
  3. Forum Moderator
    20 Dec '06 18:43
    Originally posted by Throy67
    Hi, I have played a few times against players who suddenly were banned from the site. What is the reason of that? And how to avoid it?

Throy67
    Players are removed for:

Having more than one user name 3(a)
    Getting help from a chess engine or another person 3(b)
    Being abusive to users in the forums, in game, or in a PM 3(c)
  4. Joined
    21 May '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 19:49
    Ok, now another question. One of the players whom I am playing against is banned and the site asks me to wait. Wait for what? And for how long? The time to move for him/her has finished. So what happens now?
  5. The sky
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 19:51
    Originally posted by Throy67
    Ok, now another question. One of the players whom I am playing against is banned and the site asks me to wait. Wait for what? And for how long? The time to move for him/her has finished. So what happens now?
    The game will eventually be resigned without causing a rating change. It can take a while.
  6. Joined
    23 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Dec '06 15:43
    I always play a personal friend that is much a much better player than I am. We play unrated all the time so I can learn. He is letting me checkmate him this game so I can learn a certain move. Is there anyway to make SURE that the game is unrated so I don't kill his score?
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Dec '06 19:11
    Originally posted by themarypoppins
    I always play a personal friend that is much a much better player than I am. We play unrated all the time so I can learn. He is letting me checkmate him this game so I can learn a certain move. Is there anyway to make SURE that the game is unrated so I don't kill his score?
    In your 'my games' list, click on the 'info' link next to the relevant game and it tells you if it is rated or not.
  8. Joined
    19 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '06 21:28
    How and where do I find blitz games ?
    Read people talking about them, looked at the Tournaments section, but I am new (and no wiser......)
  9. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    25 Dec '06 21:37
    Originally posted by goffin
    Read people talking about them, looked at the Tournaments section, but I am new (and no wiser......)
    This is essentially a correspondence chess site. You will get people prepared to play blitz, though - if you're lucky. Often, games start at breakneck speed, but once you've got a better position than your opponent, their play tends to slow down a little!
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 01:20
    How do people go about getting themselves banned from the site, and is the ban for ever?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Dec '06 01:21
    OOPS, that question already been answered !!!
  12. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 19:17
    maybe its you
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 20:18
    Or perhaps it is you 🙂
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 21:30
    Originally posted by goffin
    The Best possible answer in this site is to make some open invites and make it clear you want a blitz game. Set the time limit to a 1 day timeout with no timebank. That way you would normally get some quick games

Thomas
  15. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 23:01
    Hi all. I was wondering if there is any way i can enter moves sometimes using my pocket pc. I travel a fair bit and don't always have access to a pc, but my ipaq & mobile are always to hand. Any advice please. I can get the rhp site on my pocket browser ok but the board doesn't show.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree