1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    12 Oct '11 08:531 edit
    Why cant I play Blitz on my computer ? My hard drive has recently been wiped and I suspect I need a program to (re-)install. Any ideas on which program?
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    17848
    12 Oct '11 12:47
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Why cant I play Blitz on my computer ? My hard drive has recently been wiped and I suspect I need a program to (re-)install. Any ideas on which program?
    Nothing to do with your hard drive, just log on and off your browser..it does sound like the usual browser issue. If you have to, change it. I take it you mean Blitz here and not some site that requires you to download 'odds and sods' in order to play..
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    12 Oct '11 22:541 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Nothing to do with your hard drive, just log on and off your browser..it does sound like the usual browser issue. If you have to, change it. I take it you mean Blitz here and not some site that requires you to download 'odds and sods' in order to play..
    Yeah,I mean Blitz here. I'll try again ...


    edit: I get this message "The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context." Whats that mean?
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    17848
    12 Oct '11 23:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah,I mean Blitz here. I'll try again ...


    edit: I get this message "The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context." Whats that mean?
    Sounds like Internet Explorer, have you just updated to the latest I.E, perhaps not.. You may remedy this simply by rebooting or if that fails by installing the very latest I.E. If you already have the latest then you'll have to un install and go through removing in the usual microsoft procedures. You'll then have to re install it all again. Seriously, I'd just opt for a new browser, Chrome works really well on this years old laptop running early XP versions.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    13 Oct '11 00:42
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Sounds like Internet Explorer, have you just updated to the latest I.E, perhaps not.. You may remedy this simply by rebooting or if that fails by installing the very latest I.E. If you already have the latest then you'll have to un install and go through removing in the usual microsoft procedures. You'll then have to re install it all again. Seriously, I ...[text shortened]... r a new browser, Chrome works really well on this years old laptop running early XP versions.
    I was recommended firefox? is that any good?
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    17848
    13 Oct '11 01:07
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I was recommended firefox? is that any good?
    It's a case of 'horses for courses', as they, you may find fine what I find annoying..I didn't have any problems with firefox, I just prefer chrome now. What I find annoying now is that I stuck with I.E for far too long, even though I tried other browsers..even striking up a liking with viola for a couple of years on my pc, until about 8yrs ago.

    Try it, see how it goes and if you like it you'll have no need to try another. Some folk switch their browsers around from time to time, if and when they have 'issues'...just remember that there are many dozens of reliable browsers, far far better than I.E has ever been !!
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    13 Oct '11 05:37
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    It's a case of 'horses for courses', as they, you may find fine what I find annoying..I didn't have any problems with firefox, I just prefer chrome now. What I find annoying now is that I stuck with I.E for far too long, even though I tried other browsers..even striking up a liking with viola for a couple of years on my pc, until about 8yrs ago.

    Try i ...[text shortened]... that there are many dozens of reliable browsers, far far better than I.E has ever been !!
    Thank you
Back to Top