1. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 05:22
    I've been playing blitz chess and the site freezes. Everything appears to work except I've been unable to message my opponent or move. All the other functions work.... time clock etc except the game just stops?

Any ideas?
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    24 Dec '08 11:40
    Originally posted by topnzbrb
    I've been playing blitz chess and the site freezes. Everything appears to work except I've been unable to message my opponent or move. All the other functions work.... time clock etc except the game just stops?

Any ideas?
    The blitz site relies on a continuous connection between you and the server using TCP port 1935. If your internet connection is not reliable then this connection could be dropped. If your opponents connection to the server is dropped then this too would break things.

The clock etc would all appear work normally as this is part of the Flash application that's running in your browser. If either player has lost the server connection then the game is dead.

To see if your connection is valid type this at a CMD prompt -

netstat -an | find "1935"

You should see something like this -
    TCP 192.168.0.1:1552 74.205.19.41:1935 ESTABLISHED

If you don't get anything come back or it does not say ESTABLISHED then you'll have to re-connect.
  3. Joined
    11 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '08 23:04
    Ok, thanks... that's very helpful. Yes it's me on a wobbly connection.
    Happy New Year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree