1. Standard memberNilfisk
    This is not my child
    Canterbury, NZ
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 03:44
    I'm new to RHP but enjoying it very much.

I hope this suggestion doesn't sound lame. I find the board analysis functionality is great. But I find myself evaluating scenarios quite a few move ahead, and when I decide on my plan of attack I have forgotten how the scenario started.

Is it possible for the trial moves to be stored and scrolled through using the step arrows. With this system there may need to be a reset button to take the board back to current position.🙄
  2. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 04:23
    This might help..many people take down notes manually (pen and paper, oh my!). Then put their determined plan in the the notes block.
    Hope that helps.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 05:40
    Originally posted by Nilfisk
    I'm new to RHP but enjoying it very much.

I hope this suggestion doesn't sound lame. I find the board analysis functionality is great. But I find myself evaluating scenarios quite a few move ahead, and when I decide on my plan of attack I have forgotten how the scenario started.

Is it possible for the trial moves to be stored and scrolled through usi ...[text shortened]... th this system there may need to be a reset button to take the board back to current position.🙄
    I hope this gets done also... so lets keep pushing for it.

But for now, check out winboard... Once you get it installed, just paste the pgn and you can explore lines, back up, etc.

http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html

4. Standard memberNilfisk
    This is not my child
    Canterbury, NZ
    Moves
    28 Aug '04 08:34
    But for now, check out winboard... Once you get it installed, just paste the pgn and you can explore lines, back up, etc.

http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html

[/b]
    Yes, this is exactly what I was meaning. Great little app. Now...How do we get them to do it.😛
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    31 Aug '04 07:41
    RHP is not a chesssoftware - you can play against real guys here.
    xboard/winboard can help you to do so.
    Arena is another piece of software that lets you play chess against computers, analyse games and so on. (www.playwitharena.com)
    but these programms can help you: you may even import all your games here at RHP into these applications: just get the pgn or FEN of it and paste it into chessamster or whatever.
    th
  6. London
    Moves
    31 Aug '04 20:39
    But remember that it is against the rules to use a computer to help you decide what move to make. That is, don't say either 'what does the computer think I should do here' or 'what would the computer do if I did this'. It's OK to use a database of openings, though.
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    01 Sep '04 11:51
    thanks for saying that.
    but it's allowed and good to make an analysis after the game finished.
    I do that sometimes.
    th
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Sep '04 12:04
    Originally posted by Nilfisk
    Yes, this is exactly what I was meaning. Great little app. Now...How do we get them to do it.😛
    I have a few things to do, but a new rewrite of the whole client board code is due soon. (To include flipping, etc)

There is no reason why I could not do this too.

-Russ
  9. Amsterdam
    Moves
    01 Sep '04 15:07
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have a few things to do, but a new rewrite of the whole client board code is due soon. (To include flipping, etc)

-Russ
    Great! Thanks! 🙂

O.
  10. Standard memberNilfisk
    This is not my child
    Canterbury, NZ
    Moves
    04 Sep '04 08:53
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    Russ - You ARE the man! I will have a drink in your honour.
  11. Aberdeen, Scotland
    Moves
    06 Sep '04 21:39
    how abouthaving the move number of the game in the "my games" section. with a large load of games in progress, sometimes i feel like doing some openings, sometimes i feel like the midgame

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree