1. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 13:39
    Russ, could we PLEASE have the 24-warning clocks back? I've been timed out about 4 times already...it just makes it so much easier to manage a large number of games to have these clocks... Thanks
    David
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 15:25
    Originally posted by dfm65
    Russ, could we PLEASE have the 24-warning clocks back? I've been timed out about 4 times already...it just makes it so much easier to manage a large number of games to have these clocks... Thanks
    David
    I think the clock comes up when a move warning comes up... So it is up to your opponent to send a warning to get the clock... was there a 24-hour clock here at some time?

Try sorting your games by last move made... and make sure to move those games ASAP.

Phla-
  3. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 17:25
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think the clock comes up when a move warning comes up... So it is up to your opponent to send a warning to get the clock... was there a 24-hour clock here at some time?

Try sorting your games by last move made... and make sure to move those games ASAP.

Phla-
    up until the recent changes, a clock icon would appear 24 hours before the move deadline for a game, it it was your turn. this would turn red once the deadline actually passed. it made it very easy to see at a glance which games needed priority attention.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 18:41
    up until the recent changes, a clock icon would appear 24 hours before the move deadline for a game, it it was your turn. this would turn red once the deadline actually passed. it made it very easy to see at a glance which games needed priority attention.
    This is a bug.

A lot of the 'my games' page was rewritten - so let me investigate tonight.

It should be a quick fix, as it was working on my development machine.

-Russ
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 22:59
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is a bug.

A lot of the 'my games' page was rewritten - so let me investigate tonight.

It should be a quick fix, as it was working on my development machine.

-Russ
    Ok, forget what I said. It took ages to find this one.

But all working now. πŸ˜€

-Russ (very relieved, and off to bed, more content than I was 30 minutes ago)
  6. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 23:45
    Ok, forget what I said. It took ages to find this one.

But all working now. πŸ˜€

-Russ (very relieved, and off to bed, more content than I was 30 minutes ago)
    thanks Russ...i've said it before and i'll say it again: you are a GENIUS, mate!
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Aug '03 11:42
    thanks Russ...i've said it before and i'll say it again: you are a GENIUS, mate!
    But a GENIUS would not have broken it in the first place, mate! πŸ˜‰

-Russ
  8. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Moves
    21 Aug '03 22:531 edit
    But a GENIUS would not have broken it in the first place, mate! πŸ˜‰

-Russ
    the thing with genius is, it's erratic...
    in a way, the occasional f*** up is just further proof of your genius...without them, you might only be extremely competantπŸ˜‰πŸ˜€
  9. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '03 07:263 edits
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Phla-
    Firstly, the 'last move' screen simply does not manage those games that have a shorter timeout such as one and three days which will naturally cycle quicker.

Secondly, it now takes THREE annoying screen changes to arrive at the 'last move ascending' screen which I'm sure most multi game players prefer and thirdly....

why O why is 'game ID' the default screen which offers no assistance to a player concerned about which game(s) need attention and why cannot we elect which screen becomes our default ??

On a positive chord thanks Russ for restoring the 24hr timeout icon

BR's to you and the RHP team from the skeeter (highest rated female? and Kiwi?)
  10. London
    Moves
    22 Aug '03 11:361 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter
    why cannot we elect which screen becomes our default ??
    Once you have the screen the way you like it, why not bookmark it in your web browser's Favourites list?

The link you want is something like http://www.redhotpawn.com/ myhome/mygames.php? col=5&state=desc
    (leaving out the spaces that I put in there to avoid the WORD TOO LONG issue.)

ry
  11. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Aug '03 21:252 edits
    Originally posted by RolandYoung
    Once you have the screen the way you like it, why not bookmark it in your web browser's Favourites list?

The link you want is something like http://www.redhotpawn.com/ myhome/mygames.php? col=5&state=desc
    (leaving out the spaces that I put in there to avoid the WORD TOO LONG issue.)

ry
    thanks but have tried that and can only get to the password prompt if I log off my last session.
    also if I change to another page when I task 'my games' again it defaults to the 'game ID' list which then requires three page changes.

better would be if the site remembered your selection in 'my games'and refreshed from that??

don't know if anyone else has posted this but is it possible to have a 'my tournaments' option so we can track the results of only the tourneys we are playing?

thats all from the skeeter
    πŸ™‚
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Aug '03 10:48
    I have just written the code so that the 'my games' page always remembers your last view options.

This works by using a cookie, so it will only remember if you play on the same machine. I will test and make it live this evening.

-Russ
  13. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    24 Aug '03 17:14
    Russ, could we PLEASE have the 24-warning clocks back? ...
    or just add a column "T/O at..."
    th
  14. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Moves
    24 Aug '03 23:15
    Originally posted by thire
    or just add a column "T/O at..."
    th
    i like the clocks - it makes impending timeout risks stand out more. anyway, the clocks are back already...
  15. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '03 04:26
    I have just written the code so that the 'my games' page always remembers your last view options.

This works by using a cookie, so it will only remember if you play on the same machine. I will test and make it live this evening.

-Russ
    Sorry Russ but the 'my games' page still defaults to'game ID' despite reconfiguring my privacy options to allow all cookies on RHP

BR's the skeeter

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree