BUG: false move

BUG: false move

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PdS

Moves
17 Feb 04

I don't know if this is my browser or something going on with the javascript : onClick functions for the chess board, but every once in a while when I am moving single pieces back and forth to find the best move, the game submits a real move without clicking the move button.... Other people have told me about this has happened to them aswell...

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
17 Feb 04

Originally posted by Prieure de Sion
I don't know if this is my browser or something going on with the javascript : onClick functions for the chess board, but every once in a while when I am moving single pieces back and forth to find the best move, the game submits a real move without clicking the move button.... Other people have told me about this has happened to them aswell...
You mean it makes a move when you're using the analyse board!? 😲

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
17 Feb 04

Originally posted by Prieure de Sion
What browser do you use?
Can you describe more precise what you did and what happend?
Are you able to repeat the "mistake" everytime you want or does it come just from time to time?
I think that all the chess and moving related bug have been fixed and it should work very well. (but we never know)
th

PdS

Moves
17 Feb 04

Originally posted by thire
What browser do you use?
Can you describe more precise what you did and what happend?
Are you able to repeat the "mistake" everytime you want or does it come just from time to time?
I think that all the chess and moving related bug have been fixed and it should work very well. (but we never know)
th
Hey, It's happening on the regular game board. I move pieces to see if the move is ok, then move them back.. Unfortuantely this happens sporaticly and I can't replicate the issue on demand. I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633 with all of the security updates. It's really wierd, I've resorted to not touching the board until I've made my decision or using the anylyse board feature.

D

Wellington, NZ

Moves
22 Feb 04

The "Move" button is a submit button isn't it? So perhaps you or your browser is submitting the page (pressing enter or spacebar perhaps, or maybe some software/spyware you have installed).

P

Moves
22 Feb 04

You should try using the "analyze board" feature - that allows you to move pieces around in whatever way you like without any fear of accidentally submiting a move. With the analyze board, you can also try out variations on the board as deep as you want to go.

-Jarno

J
Joop

Andenes

Moves
22 Feb 04

maybe it's an idea, if you don't do that already, to set your history on 1 day and clear cookies everytime you log out. Just try it.