1. Joined
    13 Nov '02
    Moves
    24 Dec '02 07:15
    One of my games: http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=136098
    is unplayable right now. The sequence of events is:
    - my opponent offered me a draw (perhaps he missed the 'resign' button :-)
    - I didn't see the offer for a few days
    - RHPawn gave him a reminder button
    - he sent me a reminder

Now the web site claims that it's my move, but actually it should be showing me the draw offer. I just see the board with my last move greened, but no draw offer.

I'm scard that he may be able to claim a win shortly, unless I can find some way of declining his draw offer.

TIA,
    chippo
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Dec '02 10:581 edit
    Chippo,

Sounds like you are another victim of the draw upgrade. I' am dealing with them on a game by game basis. There should be no problem in future, this just effects games which had a draw offered during the upgrade process.

It should now show as your opponents move.

-Russ
  3. jupiter
    Moves
    26 Dec '02 23:151 edit
    I'm having a simialar problem with a draw offer I can't decline against skinnybisqui game I.D.#144598...help me please.....
  4. Leeds, England
    Moves
    27 Dec '02 11:13
    I cannot offer a draw in the following 2 games - 133408 and 138134
    Hope this can be fixed. It is a great site

John
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Dec '02 11:46
    Originally posted by gabinchance
    I'm having a simialar problem with a draw offer I can't decline against skinnybisqui game I.D.#144598...help me please.....
    Please just try to move as normal. There is no need to explicitly decline.

-Russ
  6. Leeds, England
    Moves
    27 Dec '02 11:501 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Dec '02 11:52
    Originally posted by johnnybike
    I cannot offer a draw in the following 2 games - 133408 and 138134
    Hope this can be fixed. It is a great site

John
    I have briefly looked at both games and I can't see a problem - can you post more details of the problem on each please.

-Russ
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Dec '02 12:18
    Remember the draw system has changed - you must now move whilst you make a draw offer.

-Russ
  9. Leeds, England
    Moves
    27 Dec '02 13:504 edits
    Perhaps that is it, I was not aware the system had changed. I keep finding new bits of functionality I was not aware of

John
    🙂
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Dec '02 14:421 edit
    I do post to the homepage news and the forums whenever something significant happens. So try to have a quick look from time to time.

-Russ

11. jupiter
    Moves
    27 Dec '02 18:191 edit
    I'm sorry Russ, but it still doesn't work.I try to move to decline draw,but nothing happens,it just returns to the draw offer. And now my skip button doesn;t work, it claims there is no data.Since your upgrades(wich happened right after I became a member)I can't message, I can't make notes, I can't challenge people unless it's an open invite, My games don't go in order, and I can't see my games overview past the most recent 20. I have a MacG3, 8.6 OS, and a 4.5 Netscape.I'm going to upgrade my browser to 7.0 Netscape in the next couple of days.And hopefully this fixs most of my problems....but please help me on my draw problem(this guy is a friend of mine,and has been talking a lot of trash. So I'm dieing to kick his butt).....please help**********thanx....
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Dec '02 20:56
    Originally posted by gabinchance
    I'm sorry Russ, but it still doesn't work.I try to move to decline draw,but nothing happens,it just returns to the draw offer. And now my skip button doesn;t work, it claims there is no data.Since your upgrades(wich happened right after I became a member)I can't message, I can't make notes, I can't challenge people unless it's an open invite, My ga ...[text shortened]... been talking a lot of trash. So I'm dieing to kick his butt).....please help**********thanx....
    Please upgrade to Netscape 7 as soon as possible.

I made a decision to stop supporting Netscape 4.x. Netscape 7 is so good ( and its free, and multi-platform), it made little sense supporting what is fundamentally a very outdated browser.

If there are any problems with Netscape 7, I would like to know. Thanks.

-Russ
  13. Joined
    13 Nov '02
    Moves
    27 Dec '02 21:36
    Russ,

Thanks for fixing my game: 136098. However, my opponent has again offered me a draw. I've got his agreement to not do this anymore, but would you mind awfully, 'un-sticking' this game again?

TIA,
    chippo
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Dec '02 16:55
    Chippo,

To decline a draw, just move as normal.

If that doesn't work, let me know. No game should need 'unsticking' twice, just once.

-Russ

15. Joined
    13 Nov '02
    Moves
    30 Dec '02 09:28
    Russ,

In my game 136098, I'd like to play d5d6, while declining his draw offer. Whenever I play that move, the board clears, and then comes back with the position as before, and I'm able to move again.

Would you mind playing d5d6 for me (I assume that you can find my password, or log in as root or something), and observing the effects?

TIA,
    chippo

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree