Calculating Rating Changes due to Timeout

Calculating Rating Changes due to Timeout

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novato, CA USA

Moves
18 Feb 22

In two of my recent games where I was well ahead of higher rated players, instead of resigning they allowed their games to timeout. I claimed the timeout and have the impression that my rating did not increase as expected. Is my impression correct?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Feb 22
1 edit

@rodrigomattososilvei said
In two of my recent games where I was well ahead of higher rated players, instead of resigning they allowed their games to timeout. I claimed the timeout and have the impression that my rating did not increase as expected. Is my impression correct?
One game was Game 14673508?

You got 22 ratig points which is correct. Loss is loss regardless if time-out, reignation or checkmate.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
19 Feb 22

@rodrigomattososilvei said
In FAQ there is a formula which explains how rating is calculated.
As stated above, how the game is won doesn't make any difference to rating calculation

Australia

Moves
19 Feb 22
2 edits

There is a rating ready reckoner in one of the forums which works on all games up to around 1800 rating. Thread 80000.