1. Standard memberRookRAK
    Out of drinks
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    19 Feb '05 21:55
    My son and are I are both recent subscribers, and have become fervent RHP users. We have only one PC (well only one with high speed internet), as a result we have to log in/out over and over if we are both actively playing.

I thought I was being clever by opening 2 Firefox windows, but it appears only one of us is in RHP at a time, even with the 2 windows. I realize this is probably done to prevent people from registering multiple accounts, but in our case it would be really useful to both be logged in.

Any clever way to do this?

Thanks!

--rich
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 12:02
    Originally posted by RookRAK
    My son and are I are both recent subscribers, and have become fervent RHP users. We have only one PC (well only one with high speed internet), as a result we have to log in/out over and over if we are both actively playing.

I thought I was being clever by opening 2 Firefox windows, but it appears only one of us is in RHP at a time, even with the 2 window ...[text shortened]... would be really useful to both be logged in.

Thanks!

--rich
    Both firefox browsers session will share the same cookie - hence the reason it did not work

If your son uses IE, and use Firefox for yourself, you will be OK.

-Russ
  3. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 12:16
    Originally posted by Russ
    Both firefox browsers session will share the same cookie
    One of the reasons that if you are doing banking, an amazon purcase or any financial type of thing online, never have a second tab open to another site. It compromises your security no end.
  4. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 12:22

I thought I was being clever by opening 2 Firefox windows, but it appears only one of us is in RHP at a time, even with the 2 window ...[text shortened]... would be really useful to both be logged in.

Thanks!

--rich
    It used to be the case that you could log in to two accounts if one of you used redhotpawn and the other used timeforchess or chessatwork or redhotchess.
    I don't know whether it still works.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 12:48
    Originally posted by Toe
    One of the reasons that if you are doing banking, an amazon purcase or any financial type of thing online, never have a second tab open to another site. It compromises your security no end.
    You serious?

What about having tabs open in another firefox browser window? I also do my banking as 1 tab in a window of at least 10 tabs. I didn't realise it was dodgy.

D
  6. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 13:00
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You serious?

What about having tabs open in another firefox browser window? I also do my banking as 1 tab in a window of at least 10 tabs. I didn't realise it was dodgy.

D
    Very serious. They aren't easy targets for a security hole, but they are there. When there's money at stake, somebody is sure to put the work in.

http://news.com.com/Major+browsers+bitten+by+security+bugs/2100-1002_3-5419714.html?tag=nl

Bit of a summary if you can't be bothered with the link:
    Features built into browsers makes it possible for malicious websites to change the content of pop-up windows created by trusted websites (such as online banks). Users would have no inkling that potentially hostile content has been injected into a pop-up window. Exploits rely on misusing browser functionality rather than taking advantage of a software bug. Secunia has confirmed the vulnerability on fully patched versions of Internet Explorer 6.0 and Windows XP SP1 and SP2 (advisory here), Mozilla 1.7.3, Mozilla Firefox 1.0, Netscape 7.2, Apple's Safari 1.2.4, Opera 7.54, and KDE's Konqueror 3.2.2-6. Other versions of these browsers might also be affected. Secunia describes the vulnerabilities as "moderately critical". It advises users not to browse untrusted sites while browsing trusted sites.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 13:15
    Originally posted by Varg
    It used to be the case that you could log in to two accounts if one of you used redhotpawn and the other used timeforchess or chessatwork or redhotchess.
    I don't know whether it still works.
    Duh! Of course... I overlooked the obvious there.

-Russ
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    22 Feb '05 13:24

Thanks!

--rich
    Create a second MOzilla-FireFox-profile for you and everything will be fine! 🙂
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree