1. Joined
    13 Nov '03
    Moves
    29 May '04 11:51
    i go through msn and have also stopped getting email notification even though the box is checked.was working fine till about 3 or 4 days ago then just stopped coming
  2. Joined
    03 May '03
    Moves
    29 May '04 12:35
    this is getting very frustrating, my daughter spent nearly an hour yesterday speaking to aol and they are insistant they are not blocking, suggest RHP contact aol, sent feedback to Russ, no news yet, I'm sure Unicorn like me would rather be playing chess than having this aggravation.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 May '04 20:23
    Originally posted by brenda
    this is getting very frustrating, my daughter spent nearly an hour yesterday speaking to aol and they are insistant they are not blocking, suggest RHP contact aol, sent feedback to Russ, no news yet, I'm sure Unicorn like me would rather be playing chess than having this aggravation.
    Ok, no need to contact AOL about this now. I am happy they are not blocking RHP - I have no reason to doubt what they say.

Please play as normal (if you can) and I will check our logs for problems with specific accounts.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will give this all my attention now.

-Russ
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 May '04 21:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    Ok, no need to contact AOL about this now. I am happy they are not blocking RHP - I have no reason to doubt what they say.

Please play as normal (if you can) and I will check our logs for problems with specific accounts.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will give this all my attention now.

-Russ
    Ok, I already have a lead on this.

I should have further information within 24hrs.

-Russ
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 May '04 21:12
    sent feedback to Russ, no news yet,
    Believe it or not, I did respond fairly promptly, but you obviously didn't receive the email. (Doh!) Don't worry, I will get to the bottom of this.

-Russ
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 May '04 00:231 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Believe it or not, I did respond fairly promptly, but you obviously didn't receive the email. (Doh!) Don't worry, I will get to the bottom of this.

-Russ
    This problem should be resolved shortly.

AOL actually was bouncing all (some?) of our email back, so although they hadn't black listed RHP, they still refused its mail, despite what their support guys told you.

Anyway, the good news, within a couple of days this should all be fixed. Please let me know if you still have problems in 5 days time.

And thanks again to those who phoned the AOL support lines, your input was very valuable in getting to the bottom of this.

Goodnight. 😴

-Russ
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    31 May '04 10:00
    Any news guys?

I am very curious to know if this problem has been solved.

-Russ
  8. Joined
    03 May '03
    Moves
    31 May '04 10:50
    No Russ everything is still silent.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Jun '04 19:37
    No Russ everything is still silent.
    Please keep me posted if this changes.

-Russ
  10. Joined
    03 May '03
    Moves
    07 Jun '04 10:30
    nothing has changed, I'm still not getting any e.mails, it seems to be draging on a bit.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Jun '04 22:14
    I have just spent sometime on the phone to the US AOL postmaster.

All the evidence of the problem is now in their hands, but they currently have no idea what the solution is. They are now working on it.

I will keep everyone posted here as I get more information from them.

-Russ
  12. Moving on...
    Moves
    07 Jun '04 22:35
    thanks russ 🙂
  13. Moving on...
    Moves
    10 Jun '04 00:21
    just thought i would let you know russ that my emails are coming through now...cheers
  14. Joined
    03 May '03
    Moves
    10 Jun '04 12:58
    Happy, Happy,Happy. All e.mails back to normal, thank you Russ for sorting it out.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Jun '04 21:531 edit
    Happy, Happy,Happy. All e.mails back to normal, thank you Russ for sorting it out.
    This is brilliant news.

I have had no news from the AOL guys since I last spoke to them - so I am pleased they sorted it out.

I will monitor my logs in the near future to check all remains well.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree