Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 27 Jul '03 18:36
    I have my piece I want to move and the place to move it to highlighted. When i press the move button, nothing happens. What should I do?
  2. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    27 Jul '03 18:40
    Check and double check if the move is legal.
    If it is,wait for russ
  3. 27 Jul '03 18:44
    It is most definately legal. The move button is almost innactive, when i click it, it's like it's a dead link....
  4. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    27 Jul '03 19:00
    All right then.
    RUSS!!RUUU...UUUS!! HELP!!!
  5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    27 Jul '03 19:48 / 1 edit
    Operating system and browser version please sir?

    -Russ
  6. 27 Jul '03 19:55
    I have a Mac and Im on AOL
  7. 27 Jul '03 21:56
    Oy this sucks, can anyone figure out my problem?:'(
  8. 27 Jul '03 22:55
    Have you managed to solve it? I noticed the last move times of your current games are after the time of your first post... If not - which game is it and what are you trying to move?
  9. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    27 Jul '03 23:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Chessy McChess
    Oy this sucks, can anyone figure out my problem?:'(
    Mac is the one platform I can't test on. But I am aware of other users who do use a Mac without any issues. Rhymester???

    -Russ
  10. 17 Nov '03 02:49
    i too am on a mac with aol (latest version for mac) no luck moving-

    Ron G
  11. Donation Rhymester
    and RedHotTed
    18 Nov '03 12:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Mac is the one platform I can't test on. But I am aware of other users who do use a Mac without any issues. Rhymester???

    -Russ
    Using AOL as it is on my Mac will NOT work. I had to install netscape (from a free magazine disk or you could download it). You then log on to AOL in the usual way but then load Netscape 'on top' as well... from there you log on to RedHotPawn and, for me, the site works fine.

    Having said all that I use my PC 99% of the time and on there I can use AOL directly. But interestingly enough there are some sites that I have to do the same Netscape thing with on the PC.

    Andrew
  12. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    18 Nov '03 14:02
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    Using AOL as it is on my Mac will NOT work. I had to install netscape (from a free magazine disk or you could download it). You then log on to AOL in the usual way but then load Netscape 'on top' as well... from there you log on to RedHotPawn and, for me, the site works fine.

    Having said all that I use my PC 99% of the time and on there I can use AOL ...[text shortened]... enough there are some sites that I have to do the same Netscape thing with on the PC.

    Andrew
    Someone somewhere said the Safari browser on the Mac works fine. If I could get hold of a cheap Mac, I would test on this and add it to my supported list.

    http://www.apple.com/safari/

    I would probably aviod Netscape now on all platforms. My fave' IE alternative is the Firebird browser from the Mozilla project.

    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/

    And this is available on Mac too.

    -Russ
  13. 22 Nov '03 05:13
    Originally posted by Russ

    I would probably avoid Netscape now on all platforms.
    Why avoid Netscape? If you can explain in layman's terms, that is

    I have Windows 98 and Netscape works for me.
  14. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    22 Nov '03 21:16
    Originally posted by huntingbear
    Why avoid Netscape? If you can explain in layman's terms, that is

    I have Windows 98 and Netscape works for me.
    Netscrap is sooo last month now. The goss is that there will be no further versions or update patches. They are letting it 'retire' and eventually less and less sites will support it. Get wise and install another browser. If your'e not into IExx and have a bit of 'geekability' then try firebird from Mozilla. It's bulletproof and supported on RHP.

    skeeter