1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 11:58
    There’s suddenly something wrong with all the e-mail messages of the type indicated my opponent has moved and that say “personX has moved..“ that is sent from this website: when I click on the icons to open an e-mail sent from this website to my e-mail box, nothing happens! The message in the e-mail is not displayed nor is anything new displayed on my computer screen! And yet all my other e-mail messages open and display themselves. Any ideas?
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '07
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 12:17
    Please could somebody tell what the skype information on the MY GAMES page is for. Does this mean we can contact playersw directly on line
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 13:06
    Originally posted by kapenta
    Please could somebody tell what the skype information on the MY GAMES page is for. Does this mean we can contact playersw directly on line
    I've just checked - there's nothing about skype on my My Games page. Please describe what you are seeing.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 14:43
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I've just checked - there's nothing about skype on my My Games page. Please describe what you are seeing.
    Could it be an advertisement only non subs see?

P-
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 16:51
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Could it be an advertisement only non subs see?

P-
    This is probably the result of the Skype browser plug-in that I believe tries to be clever and makes all rendered phone numbers clickable. (You should be able to remove the skype plug-in, but the process varies with the browser)

It is nothing to do with the site, I can assure you.

-Russ
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 02:08
    Originally posted by Russ

It is nothing to do with the site, I can assure you.
    Honest! And that beer the cow just spilled down the server had no effect. Really.
  7. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 13:05
    I still having the same persistent problem with my e-mail messages from this website because they are still not being displayed (this is why I made this thread). I sent an e-mail to myself and tried to open it from my inbox -no problem; it displayed itself on my computer screen just like it should -so its nothing to do with whether or not I receive e-mail. If anyone can give any theories I would greatly appreciate that very much. 🙂
  8. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 12:32
    I still having the same persistent problem and now I have now totally given up.

I just want to cancel the facility that sends me e-mails about my opponent’s move because these e-mails are just clogging up my e-mail in-box but cannot remember how to cancel the facility. If I remember correctly, this option of cancel the facility is only offered when I read the message from one of the e-mails -which I cannot do because the messages are not displayed on my computer screen! -so I am stuck. Does anyone know how to get round that?
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 12:40
    I have no solution to the email opening problem, but you can turn the function off in MySettings>MyEmailSettings. Messages in your inbox are automatically deleted after 30 days, whether read or unread.
  10. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 11:39
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I have no solution to the email opening problem, but you can turn the function off in MySettings>MyEmailSettings. Messages in your inbox are automatically deleted after 30 days, whether read or unread.
    Success! thanks for that. I apparently don’t have the “MySettings“ nor the “MyEmailSettings” options on my computer but I have just discovered a similar option that I have now successful set to block all e-mail from this website.
  11. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 18:10
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Success! thanks for that. I apparently don’t have the “MySettings“ nor the “MyEmailSettings” options on my computer but I have just discovered a similar option that I have now successful set to block all e-mail from this website.
    You don't have to block them.

The above post was telling you about how to turn them off at the source.
    Just under the RHP Logo at the top left of this page there is a menu bar.
    It says: My Home, My Settings, etc.
    Click on MY settings, then click on e-mail settings, and viola!

Use spam-filters very sparingly. They are for blocking the online pharmaceutical spammers and such, not for legitimate sites like this. Say you forgot your password on a site such as this, (or any log-in internet service) and needed to get a new password/login. Usually they come via e-mail, and if you have sites blocked you won't get your new password/login etc. It happens!
  12. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 19:25
    Originally posted by Jamin
    You don't have to block them.

The above post was telling you about how to turn them off at the source.
    Just under the RHP Logo at the top left of this page there is a menu bar.
    It says: My Home, My Settings, etc.
    Click on MY settings, then click on e-mail settings, and viola!

Use spam-filters very sparingly. They are for blocking the online pharm ...[text shortened]... a e-mail, and if you have sites blocked you won't get your new password/login etc. It happens!
    Thanks for that. I have taken you advice. I had misunderstood MissOleum’s message.🙂
  13. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    16 Jul '08 22:59
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Thanks for that. I have taken you advice. I had misunderstood MissOleum’s message.🙂
    😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree