CAPTURE PIECES

Standard memberJMP
Help 13 Aug '04 16:41
  1. Joined
    29 Aug '03
    Moves
    13 Aug '04 16:41
    Help Desk.....In my current game #571889, the captured pieces represented on the screen is incorrect.....It shows white's queen captured which is not the case...also, only one pawn is shown captured but there are actually several captured?......please help!...I'm not sure if other inaccuracies are present....thxs, jp
  2. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    13 Aug '04 17:43
    I don't know about the pawns, but white did have a promoted queen that was then captured
  3. Joined
    29 Aug '03
    Moves
    13 Aug '04 21:19
    Very good observation....that was correct about the pawn promotion to queen and then the capture....but the pawn discrepancy still bothers me.....
  4. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    13 Aug '04 22:01
    how many pawns is it showing captured. I count 3 red and 1 white. Unless you count the promoted pawn as a pawn capture as well as a queen capture, in which case it's 3 red 2 white.
  5. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 12:14
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    how many pawns is it showing captured. I count 3 red and 1 white. Unless you count the promoted pawn as a pawn capture as well as a queen capture, in which case it's 3 red 2 white.
    It should only be 3 black 1 white as it has already accounted for the promoted pawn by showing a queen capture
  6. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 12:38
    Originally posted by eyeqpc
    It should only be 3 black 1 white as it has already accounted for the promoted pawn by showing a queen capture
    so is that the problem? He can see that white has only 6 pawns left so expects to see 2 white pawns in the captured pieces pile, but one of them is now a queen (which he has already said is there)?
  7. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 12:40
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    so is that the problem? He can see that white has only 6 pawns left so expects to see 2 white pawns in the captured pieces pile, but one of them is now a queen (which he has already said is there)?
    I believe this is what has confused him 🙂

Obviously if he wasn't expecting to see the captured promoted queen in the captured pieces then he must have expected to see the extra pawn
  8. Joined
    29 Aug '03
    Moves
    16 Aug '04 22:05
    Yes that was it!...much appreciated input...thxs, jmp

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree