Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    04 Feb '03 12:17
    I like the comparison of the catured pieces very much!
    It's perfect that they are sorted by value (other, but not so good idea: captured time). But one can't compare too well if for example I caputred the Queen, and my oponnent a rook (and other equal pieces). You konw what I mean?
    Would it be possible to leave a speace under my Queen and above it's rook? What do you think about that?
    thomas
  2. Donation ChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    05 Feb '03 18:12
    I think you're talking about having a 'fixed' location for each captured piece. 1 for each Queen, White above the Black, 4 for the other pieces, etc... instead of 'cramming' them into a line at the bottom of the screen. I think that would be a cool idea!🙂

Along the same line, what if there was displayed the 'point' differential between the players. ie. White +1 if they have a 1 pawn advantage.....
  3. 05 Feb '03 19:01
    Originally posted by ChessNut
    [b]I think you're talking about having a 'fixed' location for each captured piece.b]
    Where would captured promoted pawn pieces go?
  4. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    05 Feb '03 19:12
    Originally posted by ChessNut
    I think you're talking about having a 'fixed' location for each captured piece.
    Along the same line, what if there was displayed the 'point' differential between the players. ie. White +1 if they have a 1 pawn advantage.....
    Yes, exactly! Thanks... 🙂

And for promoted pieces we'll find a solution! 😛
  5. 05 Feb '03 21:06
    It freaked me out recently when I flicked to the next game & saw that my queen was on the captured line (which is by the way a very cool feature!).
    I'd forgotten that I had promoted a pawn (suicidally) so that was by 2nd queen. It'll look wierder when I lose the 2nd one.
  6. Donation ChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    06 Feb '03 14:40
    Originally posted by timmo
    Where would captured promoted pawn pieces go?
    In the appropriate 'fixed' pawn location of course. 😉

The problem would be with promoted pawns. Where would your 2nd Queen go for example? Maybe this is not a good idea.

I still like to point differential so that at a glance you could see who is ahead materially.🙂
  7. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    11 Feb '03 13:59
    a "captured pieces line" in the game history would be great. but too much work I guess... :'(