1. Joined
    22 Mar '07
    Moves
    09 May '07 18:03
    I can't castle at the moment. It's really frustrating me. I've looked at all of the previous moves and I HAVEN'T been 'checked'. I haven't moved my king at all in this game. I am not castling my king into 'check'. What's going on??? To my knowledge this move is fine. I know 90% of these threads complain about 'illegal' moves which are human error/misunderstandings, but for the life of me I REALLY can't understand why I can't make this castle move that I make frequently in other games. Game id is 350 3418 if someone is able to view it......heeeeeeelp Game 3503418
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 May '07 18:09
    Originally posted by Misha Sauce
    I can't castle at the moment. It's really frustrating me. I've looked at all of the previous moves and I HAVEN'T been 'checked'. I haven't moved my king at all in this game. I am not castling my king into 'check'. What's going on??? To my knowledge this move is fine. I know 90% of these threads complain about 'illegal' moves which are human error/misunde ...[text shortened]... e id is 350 3418 if someone is able to view it......heeeeeeelp Game 3503418
    You forgot one... 'castle THROUGH check'.

You can't pass your king through a check, but a rook can safely move through a check.

P-
  3. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    09 May '07 19:54
    Originally posted by Misha Sauce
    I can't castle at the moment. It's really frustrating me. I've looked at all of the previous moves and I HAVEN'T been 'checked'. I haven't moved my king at all in this game. I am not castling my king into 'check'. What's going on??? To my knowledge this move is fine. I know 90% of these threads complain about 'illegal' moves which are human error/misunde ...[text shortened]... e id is 350 3418 if someone is able to view it......heeeeeeelp Game 3503418
    And it doesn't matter if you HAVE been checked before, as long as you are currently not in check.

And 90% seems rather low to me, make it 99% 😀

Adje.
  4. Joined
    22 Mar '07
    Moves
    10 May '07 08:42
    Whoa, ok, it took me so long to understand this 'through' of castling. I had to google some examples. It had seemed to me that the only piece I was putting in danger was my rook. But now I finally understand why I can't perform that move. Thank you!!! 99% it is. 🙂
  5. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 May '07 16:54
    I've recently joined redhotpawn and am gradually getting the hang of playing chess on the computer. One thing I'm not sure about. How does the "ranking" work. There's one player listed as ranked 2000+ played loads of games and hasn't lost one. Shouldn't he be ranked 1 or some low number like that? I'm sure the answer is painfully obvious to everyone else.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 May '07 17:22
    Originally posted by Galabad
    I've recently joined redhotpawn and am gradually getting the hang of playing chess on the computer. One thing I'm not sure about. How does the "ranking" work. There's one player listed as ranked 2000+ played loads of games and hasn't lost one. Shouldn't he be ranked 1 or some low number like that? I'm sure the answer is painfully obvious to everyone else.
    See "Player Tables" near the top of this page. The top rated player at RHP is rated over 2400.

There are other rankings also, like most moves in a month in the Player Tables (MAP / Most Active Player).

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree