1. Joined
    24 Apr '02
    Moves
    04 Feb '04 06:50
    I have set my challenge filter to not accept games of players with ratings less than 1201. The main reason is to try and filter out some of the provisional players (which seems to be the only ones that accept my open challenges). I'm not sure how this works though, because somebody with a rating of 1200 just accepted a challenge I put up.
    How can I affectively limit the ratings of my opponents?

Thanks
  2. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    05 Feb '04 01:47
    Is it possible that the one that accepted your challenge had his rating drop right after accepting your challenge? If that's not the case, then I don't know why the filter didn't stop it.

A good way to get the sorts of games you are looking for is, when posting open invites, to use the game name space to write something like "Only non-provisional players please!" Or "Only players with ratings >1200".

-Jarno
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Feb '04 19:17
    First time this has come up - and I think I know what the problem is.

New users do in fact have a true rating, but we just choose not to show it until their rating has had a chance to stabilise – hence the provisional 1200 rating.

It appears the filters are using this internal rating. So, a bug then.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree