1. Joined
    19 Feb '12
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 22:59
    I have set my challenge settings to accept games from players between 1200 to 1500, yet I get lots of invites from players under 1200 and higher than 1500! I wonder why is that?
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 06:19
    Originally posted by fi092369
    I have set my challenge settings to accept games from players between 1200 to 1500, yet I get lots of invites from players under 1200 and higher than 1500! I wonder why is that?
    Most likely, they challenged you when their ratings were within that range and then they won or lost games after the challenges were made. The challenges probably stayed even when their ratings rose or fell. Otherwise it's unlikely that there's a glitch in the challenge settings.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 20:49
    Originally posted by coquette
    Most likely, they challenged you when their ratings were within that range and then they won or lost games after the challenges were made. The challenges probably stayed even when their ratings rose or fell. Otherwise it's unlikely that there's a glitch in the challenge settings.
    One of the primary reasons why I stopped offering open invites was due to the fact my challenge settings never seemed to work there...challenge me directly and you wouldn't succeed unless 1900+ rated, but I had literally anyone picking up my open invites...no idea why, I always assumed it was my error 'somewhere' but I do wonder.
  4. Subscriberjankrb
    Conductor
    Zwolle
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 21:06
    Originally posted by fi092369
    You are a non-subscriber and therefor you have not access to all the facilities paying members have.
  5. Subscriberjankrb
    Conductor
    Zwolle
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 21:101 edit
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    One of the primary reasons why I stopped offering open invites was due to the fact my challenge settings never seemed to work there...challenge me directly and you wouldn't succeed unless 1900+ rated, but I had literally anyone picking up my open invites...no idea why, I always assumed it was my error 'somewhere' but I do wonder.
    When you start a new game in the "open invites" you have also to click on "advanced options" where you can specify the minimum and maximum rating you like for your opponent.......

( It's a technical thing 😛 )

PGN-master.
  6. Joined
    19 Feb '12
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 14:09
    Originally posted by jankrb
    You are a non-subscriber and therefor you have not access to all the facilities paying members have.
    Thanks, I suspected that. But if thats the case, why is that even offered? I mean it lets you set your challenge rating, does it not? There is nowhere that says in order to set this challenge rating you need to be a subscriber.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree