cheating

Standard memberdaniel kyle
Help 17 Jul '04 19:23
  1. Joined
    04 Jul '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '04 19:23
    how prevelant or otherwise is people using chess programs on here? to me its blatent cheating
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    17 Jul '04 19:44
    Originally posted by daniel kyle
    how prevelant or otherwise is people using chess programs on here? to me its blatent cheating
    Do you mean that people here use computer helps a lot?
  3. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    17 Jul '04 20:55
    I've played only thirty-nine games so far, and none seem to have cheated. I recommended they put a waning up front about using computers to select moves. I've take pride in the fact I've never done it myself, although I have used databases on openings on occasion and sometimes books. I mention all this in my profile in case there is a misunderstanding. I don't think anybody here is going to admit they have done it, but I have talked to people over on ICC who have admitted using computers. for their own psychiatric, twisted reasons to win games. It's very hard to prove, however, and impossible to prove on our end. I guess the only way would be to have a programmed "spy" that would detect such occurrence.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Jul '04 01:12
    Originally posted by daniel kyle
    I don't really think cheating is much of a problem here at RHP.

Accusations have been made at times, and obvious attempts to manipulate the rating system have been noted. The site administration takes appropriate action as needed when these violations of the TOS are brought to their attention.

If you seriously suspect someone is cheating, the preferred policy is to send a private message or feedback directly to Russ or Chrismo. Give them specific information and let them check into it, rather than make accusations against someone using the forum.

General discussion concerning cheating isn't a problem in the forum, but specific accusations against members usually end up in useless hostilities being exchanged, with nothing being resolved.

I'm sure that you will find that the overwhelming majority of members here are totally honest, and are here to enjoy their games, along with all of the other benifits this site has to offer.

regards, Marc
  5. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '04 14:32
    Even if i suspected somebody of using a computer to select moves, I wouldn't mention their name. In fact, I probably wouldn't report it, since it's impossible to prove. I'd just avoid playing that particular person again
  6. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    18 Jul '04 14:51
    Originally posted by buddy2
    Even if i suspected somebody of using a computer to select moves, I wouldn't mention their name. In fact, I probably wouldn't report it, since it's impossible to prove. I'd just avoid playing that particular person again
    heres another idea: If you see a tourney that catches your eye and that person who you suspect of cheating has already joined, don't join. Also after joining a tourney check dailey to make sure that that person doesn't join.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree