Cheating

Standard memberFat Lady
Help 13 Oct '06 09:24
  1. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 09:24
    Hi,

What is the proper process for reporting suspected cheating?

I believe one of my opponents is using computer help. Will I need to provide evidence of this, e.g. Fritz suggestions vs moves played? I don't actually have a proper engine myself so I would have to get Fritz if this was the case.

My opponent was losing to sub 1400 players in May 2006 and is now beating players 2000+. Whilst this is possible, I think it is unlikely, especially as he was consistently around the 1450-1550 mark for well over a year (> 100 games) before a recent meteoric rise to 1844 helped by a 21 game winning streak!

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 09:42
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Hi,

I believe one of my opponents is using computer help. Will I need to provide evidence of this, e.g. Fritz suggestions vs moves played? I don't actually have a proper engine myself so I would have to get Fritz if this was the case.

My opponent was losing to sub 1400 players in May 2006 ...[text shortened]... t meteoric rise to 1844 helped by a 21 game winning streak!

Send Feedback with whatever information you have.

D
  3. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 09:58
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Hi,

My opponent was losing to sub 1400 players in May 2006 ...[text shortened]... t meteoric rise to 1844 helped by a 21 game winning streak!

As Ragnorak suggested, you should send feedback to the site admin. Just say exactly what you said in your post. I think you have already provided sufficient grounds for an investigation of the player. The site admin will probably pass the information on to the game mods, who will try to obtain more concrete evidence.

Alternatively, send a PM directly to one of the game mods. These are currently Gatecrasher and tmetzler. Don't bother to send anything to Phlabibit as he is no longer a game mod, despite being listed as such in the volunteers section of the site map.
  4. Joined
    12 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 10:01
    If you have a copy of the game I can run it through fritz, I can analyze the game with that I assume if most of his moves matches that of the PC then your probs right.
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 10:23
    Originally posted by Audacious
    If you have a copy of the game I can run it through fritz, I can analyze the game with that I assume if most of his moves matches that of the PC then your probs right.
    Thanks for the offer, but the game isn't finished yet so I'd rather you didn't.

Thanks to everyone for your help, I've contacted the site admins now.
  6. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 10:58
    nothing wrong with the thread, but I'm closing it before anyone starts guessing who the potential cheat might be.
    PM me if you object.

Cheers,
    BF

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree