Claiming a win

Standard memberskims
Help 22 Jul '05 17:56
  1. Joined
    23 Jun '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '05 17:56
    If my opponents do not move within the timebank period
    , can I claim a win even if the game is still deletable (ie. less than 3 moves have been played)?

I would like to know, because the player I am playing has 4 days left on his timebank, and I would like to claim a win when those 4 days are up, but I don't know if I will be able to because I have only made my first move, no other moves have been made.

I appreciate all HELPFUL answers. Thank you in advance.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Jul '05 17:59
    Originally posted by skims
    If my opponents do not move within the timebank period
    , can I claim a win even if the game is still deletable (ie. less than 3 moves have been played)?

I would like to know, because the player I am playing has 4 days left on his timebank, and I would like to claim a win when those 4 days are up, but I don't know if I will be able to because I have only m ...[text shortened]... move, no other moves have been made.

I appreciate all HELPFUL answers. Thank you in advance.
    on site help says no, its 3moves and above only...BUT it happened to me and only two moves had been played
  3. Joined
    23 Jun '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '05 22:56
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    on site help says no, its 3moves and above only...BUT it happened to me and only two moves had been played
    OK Thank you. That was very helpful.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    23 Jul '05 12:33
    I believe you can claim a win once the second move is completed (i.e. both players have played two moves). Before that, the game can only be deleted.
  5. Joined
    23 Jun '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '05 16:21
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I believe you can claim a win once the second move is completed (i.e. both players have played two moves). Before that, the game can only be deleted.
    OK, thanks.

I suppose I will have to just delete the game in 3 days (when the timebank runs out)...
  6. In your face
    Moves
    23 Jul '05 18:27
    I think it all depends on what type of game it is too. If it is a tournament or clan game, the game can be claimed even if no moves have been made. However, no rating points will be awarded for this.
  7. Joined
    23 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '05 19:30
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I think it all depends on what type of game it is too. If it is a tournament or clan game, the game can be claimed even if no moves have been made. However, no rating points will be awarded for this.
    OK Thank you.

So, to clarify, because only 1 move has been made, if I claim a win when the timebank runs out, it will be accepted, but I will receive no rating points?

Should I just delete the game and start a fresh new one with someone that actually wants to play me?

Thanks in advance.

Skims
  8. Berks.
    Moves
    24 Jul '05 20:26
    Well, because of the nature of the site, some people will disappear off for periods of time, it doesn't have to be through not wanting to play you (or anyone for that matter). If they are still within the agreed time controls, deleting the game because they are moving too slowly seems poor manners to me. Take the skull as soon as you see it, but use it to help judge your preferred time controls for another game.

9. The sky
    Moves
    24 Jul '05 21:24
    OK Thank you.

So, to clarify, because only 1 move has been made, if I claim a win when the timebank runs out, it will be accepted, but I will receive no rating points?

Should I just delete the game and start a fresh new one with someone that actually wants to play me?

Thanks in advance.

Skims
    You won't be able to claim a win because it's not a clan or tournament game (since you are not a subscriber, you can't play clan or tournament games). So you have only the choice to delete the game, which will neither affect your rating nor your number of wins, or wait for your opponent to move again.
  10. Joined
    23 Jun '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '05 21:40
    Originally posted by Peakite
    Well, because of the nature of the site, some people will disappear off for periods of time, it doesn't have to be through not wanting to play you (or anyone for that matter). If they are still within the agreed time controls, deleting the game because they are moving too slowly seems poor manners to me. Take the skull as soon as you see it, but use it to help judge your preferred time controls for another game.

Yes, I am in a dilemma about what to do.

I want my rating to be as accurate as possible (ie. reflect my true chess level), but at the same time, I think I should claim a win.

What should I do?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Skims.
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Jul '05 22:30
    Yes, I am in a dilemma about what to do.

I want my rating to be as accurate as possible (ie. reflect my true chess level), but at the same time, I think I should claim a win.

What should I do?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Skims.
    Up to you.
  12. Joined
    23 Jun '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 10:231 edit
    I think I will have to delete the game, for the simple reason that I want my rating to be accurate - and if I win 2 games based on the timebank, it messes up the results.

I will start 2 games with people who want to play me, and don't just accept my challenges and ignore them (not move for 10 days), which I find rather rude.

The players only have 2 timebank days left, so I think I may as well delete the games.

What do you think?
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    25 Jul '05 11:05
    I think I will have to delete the game, for the simple reason that I want my rating to be accurate - and if I win 2 games based on the timebank, it messes up the results.

I will start 2 games with people who want to play me, and don't just accept my challenges and ignore them (not move for 10 days), which I find rather rude.

The players only have 2 timebank days left, so I think I may as well delete the games.

What do you think?
    Stop asking us and do it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree