1. Joined
    16 Dec '07
    Moves
    27 Sep '18 17:23
    I have always waited 2 months or more before calling timeout, and after I have messaged the opponent, as this is the right thing to do, I believe.
    I recently went away for 9/10 days, didn't find time to advise those I was playing, and found I had lost 2 games to Timeouts which must have been called very quickly. I find this irritating and disrespectful. Chess is a game of intellect, not just winning at all costs. Points gained this way are no reflection of a palayer's strength and ability.
    One game I was not doing well, v. BISHOP 1954, so not so badalthough still disrespectful and irritating. The other game, v. Donkeykong, was blatant robbery as I had by far the upper hand and was forcing him into a corner soon to be checkmated. I do feel that this is so poor that I have to comment on the very bad aaction in calling a Timeout just to save a virtually lost game. A serious lack of respect.
    Coling
  2. Donationmwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 00:06
    Time controls are a part of the game. If a player fails to move in the agreed upon time, it is perfectly fine to claim a win on time.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 10:58
    One suggestion for when time is short - install one of the apps. Very easy on the road to make quick moves when the clock is against you.