1. Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:07
    I have hesitated in claiming a timeout win because I thought it might be worth less than a real win. Is that true?
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:09
    same value! enjoy it! 😀

"i believe, them bones...."
  3. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:11
    No, given you are inquiring about the points awarded. They are awarded in the same amount whether the win is a timeout, checkmate, or resignation. The choice is yours, but be courteous and send them a reminder first if you are so inclined.
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:151 edit
    Originally posted by Jamin
    No, given you are inquiring about the points awarded. They are awarded in the same amount whether the win is a timeout, checkmate, or resignation. The choice is yours, but be courteous and send them a reminder first if you are so inclined.
    hah! beat you to the scene, superman!! the cape did no good 😀

and for people new to skulling there is no need to warn them if you dont want to...its all about preference...they didnt play, they miss out.
  5. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:19
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    hah! beat you to the scene, superman!! the cape did no good 😀

and for people new to skulling there is no need to warn them if you dont want to...its all about preference...they didnt play, they miss out.
    Agreed... Again, a reminder "If you are so inclined" only.
    Otherwise, give them the sock full o' quarters 😵
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 06:01
    I take the skullls, but only to clear the inactive games. Taking the skulls is fine. There is no moral or ethical implication. It just makes sense. However, taking skulls does NOTHING BUT clear extremely slow or inactive games. It is true that your rating goes up microscopically for a very short time. But then, it goes right back down again, because taking a skull doesn't mean you really won from skill, so you aren't actually getting better, as your rating might indicate. No, the rating is wrong. You are headed back down again with your next few games. Like i said, I take the skulls. They FEEL like wins. And I like the higher temporary rating numbers. Please challenge me and abandon your games to that I can have 10 extra points on my rating for a day!!!
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 13:181 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    I take the skullls, but only to clear the inactive games. Taking the skulls is fine. There is no moral or ethical implication. It just makes sense. However, taking skulls does NOTHING BUT clear extremely slow or inactive games. It is true that your rating goes up microscopically for a very short time. But then, it goes right back down again, because taking allenge me and abandon your games to that I can have 10 extra points on my rating for a day!!!
    Could you write something more confusing and silly? Timed games are worth the same as won games. How do you know this user wasn't winning when they clicked the skull?

You probably shouldn't be posting so late at night if that is the kind of drivel you write.

P-
  8. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 13:46
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Could you write something more confusing and silly? Timed games are worth the same as won games. How do you know this user wasn't winning when they clicked the skull?

You probably shouldn't be posting so late at night if that is the kind of drivel you write.

P-
    Should we make you a pop-up-book version?
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 14:221 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Should we make you a pop-up-book version?
    So you also assume every time out game is a game you would have lost, so the points count for nothing? Why?

Also, this user is asking if it's worth the same points. Any win is worth the points, regardless if it's mate in 6, 56, resignation, or time out. A win is a win.

P-
  10. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 15:04
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    So you also assume every time out game is a game you would have lost, so the points count for nothing? Why?

Also, this user is asking if it's worth the same points. Any win is worth the points, regardless if it's mate in 6, 56, resignation, or time out. A win is a win.

P-
    I didn't say I agreed with her drunken/late night illogical statement. It may be silly but it isn't confusing.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 15:19
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    I didn't say I agreed with her drunken/late night illogical statement. It may be silly but it isn't confusing.
    Neither is the rule about winning chess games, but the question came up. We know the answer, but when someone doesn't know the answer to a question, I don't think they need silly half-thought out answers to confuse them more.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree