1. Subscribertemplar73
    Ever stumbling
    Bell tower w/rifle
    Moves
    30 Sep '09 20:23
    Here's one for you. I'm in four clans now, and was applying for membership in a 5th (thereby confirming my growing addiction). But, the system denied my request, stating I could only be in 4 at a time. Yet, I've seen other players on this site who belong to more. I remember seeing one the other day who was involved in 8, if memory serves. I couldn't find anything about this limitation in the FAQ or other areas. Anybody have a clue?

P.S. I am a subscriber, so that shouldn't interfere with anything, to the best of my knowledge. Thanks.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '09 21:39
    8 clans isn't possible, that was probably clubs, you can join as many clubs as you like. technically you are allowed to only enter 4 clans but if you enter 4 clans you are still entitled to create a new clan therefore giving you a total of 5 clans to participate in.

so to recap

# of clubs - infinite
    # of clans - 5 if creation of 1 after being in 4. otherwise max 4 clans.
  3. Subscribertemplar73
    Ever stumbling
    Bell tower w/rifle
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 00:19
    Actually, I checked, and that guy is in 6 clans, and 9 clubs. Of course, he's head of one of those clans, but still . . . maybe it was a case of a new rule, and whoever belonged to more than 4 clans was grandfathered in, rather than being forced out of two clans. It's not that big a deal to me; I'm just curious as to how the system says one thing, and a player is allowed to do another. If I'm limited to my four clans, I'll stick to them and go on with my day. 🙂
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 06:36
    There are forum-only clans who never play clan games, these may not trigger the clan ceiling count. Check the status of the clans he's in.
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 08:48
    In the past you were a allowed to be a member of more clans. If you check the dates that the member with 6 clans joined each clan then you will see that he/she has been in them for years i.e. before the rule changes.
    If that person left a clan they could not rejoin another as the newer rules would then apply.
  6. Subscribertemplar73
    Ever stumbling
    Bell tower w/rifle
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 19:28
    That's what I figured. I should probably look at this as a blessing, in that the admins are keeping my marriage and family intact by limiting my addiction for me. 🙂 Thanks all for the messages.
  7. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    03 Oct '09 17:27
    Originally posted by trev33
    8 clans isn't possible, that was probably clubs, you can join as many clubs as you like. technically you are allowed to only enter 4 clans but if you enter 4 clans you are still entitled to create a new clan therefore giving you a total of 5 clans to participate in.

so to recap

# of clubs - infinite
    # of clans - 5 if creation of 1 after being in 4. otherwise max 4 clans.
    I think I have seen someone in 4 clans start his own clan give the leadership of that clan to someone else but stay in it and start a new clan.That can be in theory an unlimited number of clans a player can be in if anyone can be bothered.
  8. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 16:50
    User 462807 - 6 Clans
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 23:12
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    User 462807 - 6 Clans
    I see the problem re User 462807
    The longest service has been 16th Nov 2008 which is long after the reduction to max. 4 clans.
    Further to this he created his own clan earlier this year whilst obviously already in 5 clans.
    Definately a glitch somewhere
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 07:38
    He's created two of the 6 clans he's in, fairly recently, so must have passed on a clan-leadership in between and regained his ability to create one.
  11. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 09:22
    With 605 games in progress, I'm surprised he's got time to be creating clans. Or doing anything else.
  12. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 08:30
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    He's created two of the 6 clans he's in, fairly recently, so must have passed on a clan-leadership in between and regained his ability to create one.
    You would make a good detective. That is actually a solution to the 4 clan limit. if every time you created a clan you then passed it on before creating another then in theory you could be in a limitless number of clans.
    it seems that there is always a way around rules & safeguards.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree