1. Joined
    22 May '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 15:25
    It would be nice to have the ability to have forums (or even threads) that are limited access to a specific clan only. These forums would be a good way to share clan information (game critiques, performance reports, etc.) without having to fill everyone's mail box with messages.

To avoid hopeless clutter on the Forum's area, the clan-specific forum of a given clan would only be visible to the members of a that clan.

Would anyone else like to see this feature? Technically, it should not be too hard to implement (this is a guess as I have no idea what kind of platform the site is built on...)

Cheers,
    Thalassa
  2. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 15:45
    EXCELLENT idea ... it could really help clan communications.

The problem, though, is that with a couple of hundred clans that means a couple of hundred extra forums, so I really don't think it could "plug in" to the existing forum interface very easily.

3. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 15:471 edit
    You'll have to ask your clan leader to set up a clan website and put a forum on it, this is how other clans have dealt with this.
  4. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 15:50
    Alternatively to a web-site, you can set-up a free yahoo group with membership password-only access if your clan leader doesn't have the web skills
  5. Brooklyn, NY
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 15:54
    Agreed - there are plenty of third party solutions (yahoo, etc, etc) but none of those have the required database access to allow/deny users based on ACTUAL clan membership. And, they can't integrate with the RHP interface either.

While this problem already has valid solutions, there's a better solution waiting to happen if resources permit.
  6. Joined
    22 May '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '04 15:54
    I have thought of this and could set up a site myself or help our clan leader, but would be nice to have everything RHP under the same roof instead of having to deal with a separate site.

Cheers,
    Thalassa
  7. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '04 19:09
    To deal with the problem of having two websites - clan and RHP - I've thought of having a topframe on The Vikings website, allowing users to navigate between the clan website and RHP in the main frame. But I don't think it's good web ethics to open sites in frames only. Right, Russ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree