Clan Tournament

Standard membertejo
Help 12 Jan '04 17:13
  1. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    12 Jan '04 17:13
    I know this is discussed before, but it is such a good idea that we should not forget, and I hope this will be possible soon. What about a clan tournament with 4 members. Every clan that wants to join this tournament has to select 4 members. It works the same as a normal tournament, only a match would be a challenge. Let's say the winner gets 30 points, and the runner up 15. Something like that. I love the idea.
    Sander
  2. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    13 Jan '04 03:49
    i like the idea ....but i dislike only having a few members from each clan.....that does not represent your clan completely your clan is made up of the members not just 4 people....take losing is an art for example both dantes and seadevil are in this clan but that clan isnt the best one is it?
  3. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    13 Jan '04 07:31
    Originally posted by TDR1
    i like the idea ....but i dislike only having a few members from each clan.....that does not represent your clan completely your clan is made up of the members not just 4 people....take losing is an art for example both dantes and seadevil are in this clan but that clan isnt the best one is it?
    the 4 members was just an example. If you play with 14 members, it is also okay by me, but then not very many clans can play in such clantournament. You always could set max average rating so many clans can play a good tournament.
  4. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    13 Jan '04 09:06
    Originally posted by tejo
    the 4 members was just an example. If you play with 14 members, it is also okay by me, but then not very many clans can play in such clantournament. You always could set max average rating so many clans can play a good tournament.
    How about if each group in the tournament was a clan vs clan battle involving two randomly selected remaining clans, with group size equal to the number of players in the smallest clan of the two?

This sounds like a bit more work to set up, as group sizes in a given round would not be all the same (but they aren't even completely the same at the moment, so I thought it might be ok...?)
  5. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    13 Jan '04 09:13
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    How about if each group in the tournament was a clan vs clan battle involving two randomly selected remaining clans, with group size equal to the number of players in the smallest clan of the two?

This sounds like a bit more work to set up, as group sizes in a given round would not be all the same (but they aren't even completely the same at the moment, so I thought it might be ok...?)
    The only problem is that every member should be available to play a couple of challenges or set his status to unavailable. One other point is that the clan with most members can just select his best players, so that wouldn't be completely fair. I suggest teams of a certain amount of members with the average rating. I think this would be most fair.
  6. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    16 Jan '04 09:58
    Is a clantournament possible Russ?
  7. London
    Moves
    16 Jan '04 17:39
    I suggest teams of a certain amount of members with the average rating. I think this would be most fair.
    Do you mean that the average rating of the team should be no higher than the average rating of the clan? That would seem fair.

Such a tournament would definitely be fun. Would it be best as a knockout, groups of N or all play all? The rule about clans with members in common might mean a knockout was best, but could still give problems in a later round...
  8. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    16 Jan '04 19:09
    I didn't mean that, but that could also be fun. The way I see this clantournament, is nothing more than a team based tournament, so maybe not just clans should be able to play, but also a team that consist of players who would like to play together in a team. It is not necessary that this tournament will be the way to know which clan is best. That is also not in challenges. It is just another way to earn points, or compete with other clans. So in my opinion you can do 2 things with clantournaments. One for the clans, and two for all kinds of teams.
    Sander
  9. Standard memberMr Bean
    Red Hot Rebel
    Manila, Philippines
    Moves
    17 Jan '04 10:22
    How about setting a team total rating of - let's say 6200 for a 4-player clan tournament. In that case you can't just field your top 4 rated clan member, a 1250 rated player has a chance to be included in case you put your 1900 player in the lineup.

John
  10. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    17 Jan '04 10:321 edit
    If anything like this does happen I think it would be best NOT to award points for the winners / runners up. Not all clans would be able to participate and surely just the honour of winning should be enough.

An analolgy, related to football (soccer) would be that it would be like awarding league table points to the winners of the FA Cup!

Andrew
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Jan '04 19:42
    Is a clantournament possible Russ?
    It is possible (most things are), but it would take some time to design and code.

I think a clan league is currently more important. But once that it complete, then clan tournaments would be the obvious next feature to add.

-Russ
  12. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    21 Jan '04 19:52
    Originally posted by Russ
    It is possible (most things are), but it would take some time to design and code.

I think a clan league is currently more important. But once that it complete, then clan tournaments would be the obvious next feature to add.

-Russ
    A clan league sounds very good to me. I will be happy to wait with the clantournament until the clan league is operational.😀
  13. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    05 Nov '04 11:191 edit
    just to bring this back to your attention. Maybe it is even easy to implement this now the code for the leagues is almost done.

BTW this thread should be in the site ideas thread and not in the help. Seems to be a minor mistake in dividing the original help & site ideas forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree