1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Aug '08 11:25
    A weird thing happens and it so far ONLY happens when I play games on the blitz site. It has happened about a dozen times and I have watched for it to happen at other sites or other programs like word or whatever. Anyway this is what happens:
    I am in a game, always in the middle or the start of a game on the blitz site when for no apparent reason, the comp reboots, goes off completely and starts over. I use an AV that takes sometimes 3 minutes to crank through its opening sequence and it is quite annoying. Anybody know of ANY interaction with the comp that can do that?
    The comp is an HP Pavilion 703 C, it was pretty advanced for its day, 3 Ghz processor, at least a gig of ram, not rambus fortunately going to a 19" LCD screen, AV is Trend Micro. Small HD, 40 Gig. NVidia Geforce4 MX420 graphics card, 64 meg, Dvd burner, sound blaster live, 5.1 sound card.
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    28 Aug '08 21:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    A weird thing happens and it so far ONLY happens when I play games on the blitz site. It has happened about a dozen times and I have watched for it to happen at other sites or other programs like word or whatever. Anyway this is what happens:
    I am in a game, always in the middle or the start of a game on the blitz site when for no apparent reason, the comp ...[text shortened]... g. NVidia Geforce4 MX420 graphics card, 64 meg, Dvd burner, sound blaster live, 5.1 sound card.
    Most likely a browser issue.
    I haven't played blitz in while, but looking at the font page - where you accept / post games that's Flash™ - is the blitz board the same?
    Make sure you've got the latest plugin - http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 20:02
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Most likely a browser issue.
    I haven't played blitz in while, but looking at the font page - where you accept / post games that's Flash™ - is the blitz board the same?
    Make sure you've got the latest plugin - http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer
    Thanks for that, I did it and did not get a message I already had the latest copy so we'll see if it helps.
    I did get a hint from a geek site about this: it might be due to XP not having the right chip set drivers for the video card and am pursuing that right now at the NVIDIA support site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree