1. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    23 Jan '08 17:34
    I've discovered a slight loophole with the (beta) conditional move feature.

If you set a conditional move and your opponent offers a draw along with the move that will trigger the conditional move to be made, then your opponent gets the draw offer.

I discovered this when a game of mine was suddenly a draw - The opponent in this case being a colleague and I was able to ask him to his face what happened.

I set up a test case with a set-piece game to prove my theory and the same happened. Im guessing that the draw offer is tagged against the game, but something to do with making a conditional move does not get rid of the flag - where making a 'normal' move clears it.

Feedback has been sent, but you might want to be careful with this feature if you're beta testing it.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '08 18:34
    Originally posted by orangutan
    I've discovered a slight loophole with the (beta) conditional move feature.

If you set a conditional move and your opponent offers a draw along with the move that will trigger the conditional move to be made, then your opponent gets the draw offer.

I discovered this when a game of mine was suddenly a draw - The opponent in this case being a colleague ...[text shortened]... has been sent, but you might want to be careful with this feature if you're beta testing it.
    I think this is another example of the so called "involuntary draw offer" bug. I've had it, VietAsianfox45 has had it, and at least one other member has had it.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 14:01
    This issue has now been reproduced. Thanks orangutan for your input, it was obviously very useful indeed.

Any draw offer was returned to the opponent after a conditional move was triggered.

This has now been fixed, so please use with confidence again. 🙂

-Russ
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 14:04
    Well done, Russ, a little like finding a needle in a haystack, was it?
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 14:072 edits
    VietAsianfox45's complaint confused this issue a little, because I could see that no conditional moves were involved in their game, despite conditional moves being the most likely cause of the fault.

After FabianFnas's first instance of this issue, I did trawl through the entire conditional move code, but could find nothing.

Thanks to everyone for testing this stuff, a subtle issue like this took a while to be found, so it is very encouraging that running in beta really does prove to be very valuable in cases like this.

-Russ
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 14:09
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Well done, Russ, a little like finding a needle in a haystack, was it?
    Nearly any bug that can be consistently reproduced can be fixed easily. Fortunately.

-Russ
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 14:23
    Originally posted by Russ
    Nearly any bug that can be consistently reproduced can be fixed easily. Fortunately.

-Russ
    How many cases were there, Russ?
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 14:28
    Impossible to say, but very few. Not that many people are testing this, and those who hit the bug reported it.

-Russ
  9. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    24 Jan '08 21:01
    This issue has now been reproduced. Thanks orangutan for your input, it was obviously very useful indeed.

Any draw offer was returned to the opponent after a conditional move was triggered.

-Russ
    Glad to have helped.

Now ... If you could debug some of my code we could call it quits 😉
  10. Joined
    12 Aug '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 22:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I think this is another example of the so called "involuntary draw offer" bug. I've had it, VietAsianfox45 has had it, and at least one other member has had it.
    It was me. I had a feelling that it was connected with the conditional move feature, and I'm glad it already has been sorted out.
  11. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 00:03

-Russ
    I tested this again today.

This bug is fixed. FACT!!1!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree