1. Joined
    27 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 18:27
    How can I get this to stay mute? The advertisement is way too loud and sooo irritating I've had to cease playing (I am playing out my remaining games out of respect for my opponents) on this site and move to Gameknot. I only mention this since I have no issues with advertising but it clearly has went beyond what is reasonably the spirit of "play at work" type sites. I can't be the only one.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 19:18
    Originally posted by Edukator
    How can I get this to stay mute?
    One way to avoid such kind of ads is to subscribe.
    I did. I don't see any of these rather annoying ads anymore.
  3. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 19:43
    How can I get this to stay mute? The advertisement is way too loud and sooo irritating I've had to cease playing (I am playing out my remaining games out of respect for my opponents) on this site and move to Gameknot. I only mention this since I have no issues with advertising but it clearly has went beyond what is reasonably the spirit of "play at work" type sites. I can't be the only one.
    Tick the box next to mute on your volume settings.
  4. Joined
    27 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 19:51
    I unfortunately need the volume on my computer to stay on for other applications. Generally common everyday advertisements are fine...I've even clicked on a few and actually did some business with military.com...but this particular advertisement is VERY loud.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 19:54
    ... but this particular advertisement is VERY loud.
    I don't like loud messages on my computer either, especially not in work. My boss ... you know.

My solotion to quiet all ads up you already know.
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 21:01
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/vstat/subs.php
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 23:51
    Turn off "play sounds in web pages" in advanced tab of internet options.
    Might work - I wouldn't really know cos I lurve the sounds and would NEVER avoid anything like that. 🙄

I can't offer you any other advice on this cos it may be contrary to the bona-fides of the site. [eg - free games=ads]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree