curiosity

Standard membertypen
Help 26 Jan '07 01:24
  1. Stormwind City
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 01:24
    Do the names of tournaments mean anything special that I might need to know? I'm scheduled to enter Tournament 1791, but I have little idea what the name means. In the tournament FAQ it explains Knockout, Grouped, and Single Group, but it does not explain mini banded. The overall FAQ also does not explain this. Also, a forum search did not uncover the answer. For that matter, in my tourney, what does eponine mean? Or is this simply the name of this tournament, and its meaning is irrelevant. What are quartets anyway too. Thank you for any on subject answers and sorry if the information is in another place, I just couldn't find it.
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 01:52
    Originally posted by typen
    Or is this simply the name of this tournament, and its meaning is irrelevant.
    It is.

Banded means the participants are [should be] of same strength, all with a rating somewhat equal. Quartets mean you play in a group of four, so you play three other opponents. Both with you playing white, and black. That means in this case, you'll get six games for the first round. Mini just refers to the fact not a lot of people can participate (16). So that means fewer rounds, and a higher chance of winning the tournament. Usually tournaments with groupw of four have room for 32 or 64 people. Less mini.
  3. Stormwind City
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 02:47
    Thank you! I just couldn't find this info on my own. I vote that they should put that information in the FAQ =)
  4. Earth Prime
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 04:35
    Thank you! I just couldn't find this info on my own. I vote that they should put that information in the FAQ =)
    Questions have been asked 100 times more often than this one and they aren't in the FAQ.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 04:48
    Doesn't matter the question, someone always has the answer.😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree