1. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 01:181 edit
    Can someone please walk me through how to use the deep mode function on conditional moves?

Everything I try comes up with "move not submitted"
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 22:35
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    Can someone please walk me through how to use the deep mode function on conditional moves?

Everything I try comes up with "move not submitted"
    The first thing to remember is that the conditional move system is based on position. It's not about responding to a particular move, it's about responding to a particular postion on the board - no matter what the move was to arrive there.

In quick mode you set these triggering positions based on the position now, setting the triggering position by making your opponents moves to arrive at the triggering event.

In deep mode, you set the triggering position as you like: First move the pieces around as you see the triggering positon - the position that you want to respond to. Then hit the 'record conditional move' link and move one of your pieces in a legal way - then hit the 'submit conditional move' button.

Each time you make a conditonal move - in quick or deep mode - it's a pairing of a position and a move. Reaching the position (in whatever way) causes the move to be made.

Hopefully this makes things a bit clearer.
  3. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 00:41
    Thanks, that was very helpful

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree