1. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 23:05
    Hi there...

When I first started playing on Red Hot Pawn, I used a player called "mob93761" with an e-mail adress named "mob93761@gmail.com"...
    Now i'm playing under a new name, using a new e-mail... but would like to erase the old account.

How do I do that???
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 23:11
    Originally posted by Ghost of mob
    Hi there...

When I first started playing on Red Hot Pawn, I used a player called "mob93761" with an e-mail adress named "mob93761@gmail.com"...
    Now i'm playing under a new name, using a new e-mail... but would like to erase the old account.

How do I do that???
    you can't. plus you don't tell anyone that you have 2 accounts.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 00:20
    Just don't use the first one - 2 active accounts are not allowed.
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 04:29
    Thanks!

I know that 2 active accounts are against the rules. But thats kind of my point by posting this question how to set things right again...
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 07:581 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Just don't use the first one - 2 [b]active accounts are not allowed.[/b]
    I've read the entire "Terms of Service" and the closest related thing I can find is ToS 3(a) that says "You will not create more than one account."

It doesn't say anything about active nor passive accounts. It just say, that you cannot open two accounts, of whatever reason.

If someone, say MrAlpha, opens an account, sinks to very low rating, decides to abandon this account and start a new account, say MrBeta, and start all over again hoping for a better rating progression, then it's definitely against ToS 3(a) as it is written.

If it is according to the rules to abandon an account and open another, that's a verry nice way to change your name, to resurrect under a new name.

To permit to open new accounts, while abandon the former one, gives us a lot of inactive accounts and usernames. Members to disappears suddenly, and reappears incognito. And a potential risque to inflate the rating system.

As I see it, it is against the rule ToS 3(a) to open a new account, even if the old one is inactive.

(For clarification: I have nothing aginst Ghost of mob. With this posting I just want to discuss and clarify the ToS 3(a) rule.)
  6. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 16:02
    Originally posted by Ghost of mob
    Hi there...

How do I do that???
    Your account cannot be deleted as your games are part of the site's record and of those opponents you played. I suggest you send a message via the 'Send Feedback' link (in the blue commands below) to the site administration saying that you do not intend to use your first account again, and ask them to confirm it is O.K. to continue with your new one.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '08 06:09
    The mods will be happy to delete your old account for you, just start using it again. Of course, they'll probably delete your new account too because you created more than one account.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '08 17:051 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I've read the entire "Terms of Service" and the closest related thing I can find is ToS 3(a) that says "You will not create more than one account."

It doesn't say anything about active nor passive accounts. It just say, that you cannot open two accounts, of whatever reason.

If someone, say MrAlpha, opens an account, sinks to very low rating, decides t Ghost of mob. With this posting I just want to discuss and clarify the ToS 3(a) rule.)
    This has been discussed extensively in the past and the outcome always seems to be that if you let the admin know what [and why] you are doing they will clear it for you.
    Probably.

The best thing to do:
    Send feedback, if only to cover yourself from accusations.

http://www.playtheimmortalgame.com/core/feedback.php
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 11:55
    Hi again...

Actually did what Dr Strangelove mentioned, and had a guy from the team called Russ to delete my old account.

Thanks to all of you for your interest and help... 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree