1. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:22
    Why do some players delete a game after just 1 move with no explanation? It seems rude. Most players are courteous, friendly or at least simply quietly responsive to moves. Am I missing something obvious?
  2. Donationbriancron
    nunquam perdo
    Washington, DC
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:27
    I think you nailed it... they are rude

It's fine to delete the game but you should explain why
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:33
    Originally posted by ajs
    Why do some players delete a game after just 1 move with no explanation? It seems rude. Most players are courteous, friendly or at least simply quietly responsive to moves. Am I missing something obvious?
    with players that do this to me, i add them to my ignore list, then they can not play the same trick again. It's particulary annoying when you make an open invite (which takes a couple of seconds to set up) just for someone to accept, then delete it.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:351 edit
    This is a worldwide internet community with several thousand members. You will probably find a few rude people in such a group, so don't be surprised.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 21:17
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    with players that do this to me, i add them to my ignore list, then they can not play the same trick again. It's particulary annoying when you make an open invite (which takes a couple of seconds to set up) just for someone to accept, then delete it.1
    It's my 'pet hate' on this site. There should be a loss of rating points for surrendering after 1 or 2 moves instead of people being allowed to do it with impunity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree