Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 05 Sep '17 03:10
    Hi. Is it possible for a paid subscriber with whom I am playing (in mid-game) delete or cause our game to just disappear off of our playing fields as if it never existed? Is this one of the benefits that paid subscribers have? I thought thought after 3 moves, one could only resign a game, but it could never be deleted after that point. I noticed this just happened to me. Or is it a computer glitch? I did not write down the game I.D. ahead of its disappearance, so cannot research the number to further to look it up.
    Thanks.
  2. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    05 Sep '17 03:25
    No, can't happen
  3. 05 Sep '17 03:31
    Originally posted by @coquette
    No, can't happen
    Really?? Then it must be a computer glitch? I play 12 games or less so it's easy to keep track of who I'm playing with. He's a real friendly chatty fellow so know I was definitely playing him, and he knows I was playing him. I wonder what can be done? Thanks for your answer.
  4. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    05 Sep '17 03:59
    You can send him/her a message asking for further information.
  5. Subscriber C J Horse On Vacation
    A stable personality
    05 Sep '17 07:25
    When you say "three moves", do you mean that one player has moved twice and the other player has moved once? In that case the game can be deleted by either player. To quote the site help:

    " If it is within three moves (remember moves are counted in pairs) you can simply delete the game. You will not be able to claim the win as the game is too immature."

    Three moves in this context means that each player has moved three times.
  6. 05 Sep '17 11:31
    Originally posted by @khandita108
    Hi. Is it possible for a paid subscriber with whom I am playing (in mid-game) delete or cause our game to just disappear off of our playing fields as if it never existed? Is this one of the benefits that paid subscribers have? I thought thought after 3 moves, one could only resign a game, but it could never be deleted after that point. I noticed this ju ...[text shortened]... .D. ahead of its disappearance, so cannot research the number to further to look it up.
    Thanks.
    It would be extremely unlikely for a game to just disappear.
    Could it have inadvertently been moved to a different folder perhaps?
    On the 'My Games' page, click on the 'All Games' folder box, see if you can find it there.
  7. 05 Sep '17 15:43 / 3 edits
    It's somebody in this very thread!


    Let's look at the clues:

    paid subscriber
    friendly and chatty type
    and you have this game in progress? Game 12361197

    Case closed, Watson!
  8. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    06 Sep '17 03:08
    It's not me, actually, although I do know who it is.
  9. 06 Sep '17 11:34
    Exactly what a guilty person would say!

    Bring the Bat handcuffs Robin.
  10. 07 Sep '17 03:29
    Originally posted by @montymoose
    It's somebody in this very thread!


    Let's look at the clues:

    paid subscriber
    friendly and chatty type
    and you have this game in progress? Game 12361197

    Case closed, Watson!
    Hahaha! Nope, it wasn't her! But good guess!
  11. 07 Sep '17 03:37
    Originally posted by @tommovich
    It would be extremely unlikely for a game to just disappear.
    Could it have inadvertently been moved to a different folder perhaps?
    On the 'My Games' page, click on the 'All Games' folder box, see if you can find it there.
    Nope. It's Gonzo...FINIS..KAPUT--period. As a non-subscriber I am limited to playing only 12 games at a time, and I see all of them I'm currently playing in my Inbox playing field. He and I were well into our game--it was not the beginning. Anyway, it was not a particularly exciting game, so no biggie it got lost somehow by a software glitch. I told him what happened and he verified that he did not delete it either. He challenged me to a new game, and we are moving on.
  12. 07 Sep '17 12:33 / 1 edit
    Not going to let this one go.

    What was your opponent's full screen name?
  13. 07 Sep '17 12:52 / 1 edit
    ...Originally posted by @khandita108...

    He challenged me to a new game, and we are moving on...
    The evidence just keeps piling up!
    You admit you have started a new game with this mystery opponent and now this game shows up on your list?
    Game 12372240
  14. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    07 Sep '17 13:17
    Are you stalking her or me? And by the way, I'm also female.
  15. 07 Sep '17 13:52 / 1 edit
    'Stalking?', Inspector Quimby laughed, 'No madam, just using public records to solve a puzzlement. Now, let's see, your name is QP?'

    'Actually, that's Kewpie.'

    'That's what I said, QP. The evidence is looking strong that you are in fact the mystery opponent whose game disappeared. Any statement?'

    'I don't remember any deleted game.'

    'Oh? Perhaps a few years at one of our fine penitentiarys spent shoveling kangaroo poop might jog your memory?'

    A thin bead of sweat appeared on QP's forehead. She had not expected this prank to turn so wrong.