1. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    02 Feb '04 21:00
    How about graphs showing the cumulative distribution of ratings among 1) Pawn-stars and 2) members who are neither Pawn-stars nor provisionals?
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    03 Feb '04 00:59
    this can be good for stimulate people to subscribe and a little prize for who's paying.
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    04 Feb '04 00:30
    Originally posted by mathemos
    How about graphs showing the cumulative distribution of ratings among 1) Pawn-stars and 2) members who are neither Pawn-stars nor provisionals?
    very good, but causes perhaps too much servertraffic...
    how about a graph that shows at what time (intervals of 30 min) the player made his moves? or for each day of the week, at which days he moves?
    also very intersesting, but...
    th
  4. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    06 Feb '04 06:175 edits
    Originally posted by thire
    very good, but causes perhaps too much servertraffic...
    how about a graph that shows at what time (intervals of 30 min) the player made his moves? or for each day of the week, at which days he moves?
    also very intersesting, but...
    th
    I don't see why it should overburden the server. Each player's rating already is updated at game's end. Updating a graph of the distribution of ratings requires one query of the members' ratings to gather the raw data. This could be done only as often as practical. IMHO it would be ok not to lock the database during the query if that improves performance. With the raw data in hand it's easy to build the graph itself, which is just a static file. There are lots of dynamic graphs already being produced and displayed in player profiles.

Others may of course differ but I believe the distribution of ratings is the most interesting statistic not yet available to us.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree