1. Standard memberfatzfoxwell
    Fatz Foxwell
    Half Moon Bay
    Moves
    10 Aug '05 18:44
    I have been on and off RHP for almost a year but I don't know what "rec." followed by a number means adjacent to our on -line identities... can someone explain?... is this strictly for forums?
  2. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    10 Aug '05 19:29
    Cor blimey!
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    10 Aug '05 20:20
    Originally posted by fatzfoxwell
    I have been on and off RHP for almost a year but I don't know what "rec." followed by a number means adjacent to our on -line identities... can someone explain?... is this strictly for forums?
    Strictly for forums and apparently the more trite your threads and posts are the more recs u get by subscribers, non-subscribers cant rec as their intelligence disallows it (as well as RHP) 😉
  4. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    10 Aug '05 22:111 edit
    How Rec'less of you 😵
  5. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 07:49
    To answer the question properly:

'Rec' is short for recommendation. Subscribers can click on a forum post to 'recommend' it, that is to express their agreement with it or indicate they think it's a well-written post. It's possible to search the forums for the (reasonably recent) posts with the most recommendations.

Only subscribers can give recs, but anyone can receive one.
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 10:022 edits
    Originally posted by orfeo
    To answer the question [b]properly:

'Rec' is short for recommendation. Subscribers can click on a forum post to 'recommend' it, that is to express their agreement with it or indicate they think it's a well-written post. It's po ...[text shortened]... ns.

Only subscribers can give recs, but anyone can receive one.[/b]
    As you do orfeo. Well replied and rec'd.

skeeter

PS Edit: That may well have been read as a bit intenuious but the intention was to indicate to the forum that I rec'd the aforementioned post.
    Shit. I simply have to stop sipping Sav Blanc's whilst posting. Neither serves either.

skeeter ( Hic )
  7. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    11 Aug '05 15:251 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter
    As you do orfeo. Well replied and rec'd.

skeeter

PS Edit: That may well have been read as a bit intenuious but the intention was to indicate to the forum that I rec'd the aforementioned post.
    Shit. I simply have to stop sipping ...[text shortened]... anc's whilst posting. Neither serves either.

skeeter ( Hic )
    http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org

Edit: intenuious 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree