1. Joined
    05 May '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 21:11
    does this work ? I had a gameGame 1487076which seemed to satisfy below, but I wasn't able to claim a draw. (I did offer a draw a number of times but my opponent refused each time)
    "Third repetition of a position. If any identical position appears three times during a game, then the game can be claimed as a draw. Please note that each repetition must be identical with regards to en passant and castling availability. A draw can only be claimed along with a move that contributes to a repetition. Claiming after the repetition has occurred is not possible, unless the same position can be repeated again on a future move."
  2. London
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 21:28
    Originally posted by sloppydog
    does this work ? I had a gameGame 1487076which seemed to satisfy below, but I wasn't able to claim a draw. (I did offer a draw a number of times but my opponent refused each time)
    "Third repetition of a position. If any identical position appears three times during a game, then the game can be claimed as a draw. Please note that each repetition must ...[text shortened]... s occurred is not possible, unless the same position can be repeated again on a future move."
    Instead of offering a draw you need to "claim draw"!
  3. Earth Prime
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 22:02
    you resigned?!?!
  4. Berks.
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 22:03
    Originally posted by Coconut
    you resigned?!?!
    My reaction too.

A little extreme.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 08:311 edit
    Originally posted by sloppydog
    "Third repetition of a position. If any identical position appears three times during a game, then the game can be claimed as a draw. Please note that each repetition must ...[text shortened]... s occurred is not possible, unless the same position can be repeated again on a future move."
    It has to be a third repetition of the exact same position with the same player to move.

You must also claim the draw on that move, I believe.

You could have claimed the draw as early as your 50th move. And almost every move after, since you continued to repeat the same position many times until you resigned.
  6. Joined
    05 May '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 10:231 edit
    thanks for responses, maybe I missed the claim draw option..
    btw, not extreme to resign as ratings are not the be all and end all for me.. I play because I enjoy chess, always hoping to improve, but I get my kicks out of a good combination rather than just winning + interaction with all the great opponents on RHP... 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree