Draw!

Standard memberTolken
Help 12 Jun '13 12:18
  1. Joined
    26 Sep '07
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 12:18
    I was playing a game (and wining) when suddenluy it says: your opponent accepted the draw! I never offered a draw. Is it possible to "manipulate" the game?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 13:01
    Opponent can't accept a draw unless you offered one. If you'd bumped the Offer Draw button accidentally you'd have got a large bright banner across the screen saying so. If you got that and ignored it and pressed submit your opponent would have received a draw offer.

That's the way the system is supposed to work, and there have been no reports of this problem before.

An automatic draw can happen in certain circumstances, but then you wouldn't see the opponent has accepted message. If you actually saw this message, and you've checked the game to ensure it wouldn't satisfy the requirements for any other kind of draw, I suggest that you send feedback to get the admins to look at it.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 14:34
    Originally posted by Tolken
    I was playing a game (and wining) when suddenluy it says: your opponent accepted the draw! I never offered a draw. Is it possible to "manipulate" the game?
    Are you talking about Game 10042408?

The only way the draw came to pass is that you offered it (intentionally or not). If you are sure you didn't you should send feedback. It would be disturbing if it could be manipulated.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 16:401 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 16:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 16:451 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Are you talking about Game 10042408?

The only way the draw came to pass is that you offered it (intentionally or not). If you are sure you didn't you should send feedback. It would be disturbing if it could be manipulated.
    I had a look at this game also...certainly there is no repetition, but the thing that is concerning is that the chances of 'accidentally' clicking the draw button is somewhat remote...
    We assume the the OP isn't having us on here lol, but given the incredulity present in his post we must trust that it is indeed genuine. Given all of the above, I feel that sending feedback 'might' well be important to all of us, so I shall fly a note off straight away as if there is genuinely a bug then the sooner it's brought to the attention of Chris or Russ, the better...
    Edit: I'm not sure why 'site feedback' won;t accept any references to forum threads, but it won;t...by way of refusal, it suggests posting in here 'resolves' issues far far quicker 😀
  7. Joined
    26 Sep '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 09:06
    yes, that was the game! I was att work when the "draw" was offered. I was trying to sent feedback but it does not work
  8. Joined
    18 Oct '07
    Moves
    28 Jul '13 10:22
    This also happened to me a few weeks ago. I was about halfway thru a game when it said game drawn. I couldn't understand it, the game was nowhere near over. I was a bit upset because I thought I had the advantage so I thought the computer had decided it was an early draw or something, even tho most of the pieces were still on the board. Then I went to the archive of the game it said my opponent had accepted the draw. I never offered a draw I've been playing on this site a long time and never accidentally offered a draw before!
  9. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '13 22:57
    When I tried the feedback button to report on the misquoting of texts after the end of a drawn game, I was just pointed to here, to post my question/problem report in this forum (the "Conflicting Who-said-what ..." thread). I didn't see any way to post a message directly to the admins or support staff. Obviously mine is a minor issue compared to this one, though it coincidentally also involves a draw.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 00:10
    If you click on "send feedback" you get a dropdown menu listing options. If you choose Forum Moderation you'll get that kind of message. If you choose Bug Report you'll get a reporting page.
  11. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 03:19
    Clicking "Send Feedback" dumps me right to the Help forum, listing the threads. I never got any option selection. :/
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 03:401 edit
    That's weird. I just tried it and got the feedback page I was expecting. Try clearing your cache (that's what people usually say in these situations, if it's working as it should for me your computer is likely the problem). This is the page it takes me to:
    http://www.redhotchess.com/core/feedback.php
  13. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 14:423 edits
    Thanks. I cheated and just copied/pasted the direct link to the feedback form. That worked.

BTW: Using the latest Mozilla Firefox browser. Never had any problems with it.

Oh--and my monthly health insurance premiums clear my cash very well, thank you.
  14. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 21:32
    Regarding the two suspicious draws:

When you offer a draw, you must also make a move. Do the last moves in the two games look like they were made by you (Tolken & xina)?

If these don't look like your moves, is it possible that someone hacked your account, made the move and the offer for you?

Just a thought.
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Jul '13 22:48
    If you're using Firefox, get Linkification, it makes all those URLs into immediately clickable links.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree