Standard memberTSaffle
Help 06 Jan '08 09:07
  1. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 21:12
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    I know this comparing i did was pretty much bullsht, im just saying dont compare chess😛
    like i said^

my brain and an apple.
    both:
    - healthy(not really😛)
    - red-ish(?)
    - were growing, than came a point where they stopped growing.
    - turn rotten eventually.
    - are possible to eat.
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 21:12
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    I know this comparing i did was pretty much bullsht, im just saying dont compare chess😛
    like i said^

my brain and an apple.
    both:
    - healthy(not really😛)
    - red-ish(?)
    - were growing, than came a point where they stopped growing.
    - turn rotten eventually.
    - are possible to eat.
  3. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 21:14
    some admin/mod delete my double post plz...site was freeking slow...
  4. Standard memberruimango
    Jedi Chess Master
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 09:44
    You too lost track of the issue, because this was never a matter of comparing probabilities... it's all about results, and draw is a subjective result. By the way let me tell you that I don't give a damn about ratings, because i play for sheer fun. My humble comments were about a ruie that I didn´t know had those terms, therefore surprised me, and that accidently I disagree with. For me any game were people are the direct contenders, should be rated only on wins and defeats, that means something, that is objective, that represents the good and bad decisions of the players... you have crossroads where you had to decide, and you took a direction that led you somewhere, be a good or bad destination (wiin or defeat), while a draw is the return to the starting point, as if both players didn't leave at all. So why should one benefit from the other!?... Well... it's just my opinion, and an issue that died for me, because what really matters is the competition itself not the "politics" involved.
  5. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 10:15
    argh i took a wrong direction that led me to lose track of the issue:p

with the rating involved it doenst only look at the competition itself, but allso the history of competitions played by both players in the past. (reason why u got to the rating your at).
    for someone with a really low rating its very good if he/she can take a draw from a player with a high rating, therefor gets rewarded with points, played with the high rating that loses gets punished, cuz he done bad.
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 02:45
    Think of it like golf handicapping or track & field races, the idea is that you are really playing against your own rating, and if you play someone with a higher or lower rating a handicap loading is applied. So if you play better than your rating you will get a reward, if you play worse than your rating you will be punished.
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    13 Jan '08 13:38
    i dont know the exact rules of glf handicaping, but i think thats a good thing to compare the ratings with indeed
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 19:59
    If you play a tournament and you draw you get 1 point as does your opponent. This is like football or any other competetive game.

There is a world ranking in foorball also and nations get points for winning and for drawing higher rated opponents... and lose points for losing or drawing lower rated opponents.

It's just not the same playing tournaments or comparing peole (teams) that didn't play each other.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree