1. Joined
    10 Sep '11
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 01:17
    Stupid question - if my friend and I deliberately set up a time to be on the site at the same time to play thru a match, what will we have to do, if anything, to see when the other has made a move and/or see the board update? In other words, if I'm parked on my board and submit a move, will my board autmatically update when he moves or do I have to randomly hit refreshes? or move off the board page and back on or what? It would also be cool to be able to message / chat each other while contemplating moves (not just messages submitted with the move) Is that possible?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 01:40
    On the normal playing page, the screen needs to be refreshed each time if you want to see changes. Have you tried the blitz board? (link is in the header, near the right-hand end) There you can chat without moving, and all moves happen on the screen without refreshing.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 01:48
    Originally posted by Disco Don
    Stupid question - if my friend and I deliberately set up a time to be on the site at the same time to play thru a match, what will we have to do, if anything, to see when the other has made a move and/or see the board update? In other words, if I'm parked on my board and submit a move, will my board autmatically update when he moves or do I have to random ...[text shortened]... other while contemplating moves (not just messages submitted with the move) Is that possible?
    No, no auto update, you need to hit refresh and if you're both parked at the screen at the same time then you know it'll be returned as fast as you both could declare before the game starts..you could of course leave the game for a minute and perhaps have a look at a forum, going back to the 'my games' automatically refreshes, naturally. Apart from 'message opponent' you can send a PM, a personal message by clicking on your opponents name and to the left you'll see several options under 'profile links' and then 'public games'..several down is 'send message', hit that and it's all self explanatory from there.
    Oh, also, you can look into 'conditional moves' if you both agree a certain opening with specific moves.. this'll speed up the game, if you so wish, but let's taking it a step at a time here lol..
  4. Joined
    10 Sep '11
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 02:24
    thanks for the info
  5. Standard memberGalaKev
    Borderer
    Scotland
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 15:23
    Click on wait for this game. The screen goes grey and shows the board once a move is made.
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 14:07
    Originally posted by GalaKev
    Click on wait for this game. The screen goes grey and shows the board once a move is made.
    Very good point, I don;t think I've utilised this before 🙂 Still, I think you have to enable it though by clicking one of the options below 'submit move'...if I'm right it's then a case of hitting 'after move preferences' and then 'view current board'...you're then presented with 'wait on this game' taken from the 'opponents move' options list as soon as you move.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree