1. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    02 Dec '03 15:34
    is it right that the email opponent feature does not exist anymore?
    or where do I find the link?
    thanks,
    th
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 15:47
    no one here to help me?
    th
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 16:20
    Sorry Thire - I did read this when it was first posted.

Anyway, as for the email opponent link - we removed it.

It was considered not to be quite as important as it once was. People now have the messenger, and we were never really happy that people could invade other peoples inboxes without the recipient’s permission.

And the fact that you are the first person to mention it (it has been gone a number of weeks) tells me it is something that we can live without quite happily.

-Russ
  4. e2
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 16:311 edit
    As a related issue:
    I'd rather if I didn't have move reminders going to my email. It's not a big deal, but I don't pay any attention to them and they tend to clutter my inbox. I log in to RHP far more often than I check my email πŸ™‚
    Maybe My Settings could include an option of whether to receive move reminders or not?
  5. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    09 Dec '03 18:04
    Originally posted by huntingbear
    As a related issue:
    I'd rather if I didn't have move reminders going to my email. It's not a big deal, but I don't pay any attention to them and they tend to clutter my inbox. I log in to RHP far more often than I check my email πŸ™‚
    Maybe My Settings could include an option of whether to receive move reminders or not?

Actually it does...go to my settings, my site settings and uncheck the box for email notification.
    Hope this helps
    Merry Christmas
    Charlie
  6. e2
    Moves
    10 Dec '03 00:391 edit
    Originally posted by chaswray

Actually it does...go to my settings, my site settings and uncheck the box for email notification.
    Hope this helps
    Merry Christmas
    Charlie
    Merry Christmas to you, too. πŸ™‚
    But I'm asking about move reminders sent by opponents. I've already got move notifications turned off.
  7. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    10 Dec '03 00:45
    Sorry, misread your postπŸ˜΄πŸ˜•
  8. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    10 Dec '03 13:41
    Originally posted by Russ
    Sorry Thire - I did read this when it was first posted.

Anyway, as for the email opponent link - we removed it.

It was considered not to be quite as important as it once was. People now have the messenger, and we were never really happy that people could invade other peoples inboxes without the recipient’s permission.

And the fact that you are the fi ...[text shortened]... e a number of weeks) tells me it is something that we can live without quite happily.

-Russ
    Never mind, I live very good without it too. it happend just the following thing: I started a game against an old friend, he did not move. as I cannot send a moveremider before the 2nd move, he will never know of this game. And he will be lost for RHP for ever :'(
    but it's okay, leave it as it is! (I mailed a friend and he told me my friends emailadress...)
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree