Email

Standard memberFeivel
Help 22 Nov '03 04:15
  1. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Nov '03 04:15
    Russ,

Did you change the site email. I am now getting email from RHP in base 64 encoding. I really think you should change back to what it previously was because base 64 encoding is flagged as spam by most spam filters.

Feivel the HardcoreFreethinker
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Nov '03 17:20
    Originally posted by Feivel
    Russ,

Did you change the site email. I am now getting email from RHP in base 64 encoding. I really think you should change back to what it previously was because base 64 encoding is flagged as spam by most spam filters.

Yes. This is a known problem from yesterday's update.

Base64 is treated as a binary file (even though it is just the HTML that is encoded like this, and therefore completely harmless)

Ideally it needs to be quoted printable - but I had to switch at the last moment. This will be resolved soon.

-Russ
  3. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Nov '03 18:01
    Originally posted by Russ
    Yes. This is a known problem from yesterday's update.

Base64 is treated as a binary file (even though it is just the HTML that is encoded like this, and therefore completely harmless)

Ideally it needs to be quoted printable - but I had to switch at the last moment. This will be resolved soon.

-Russ
    Thanks Russ. The problem seems to be only coming from the two newer email addresses (noone@www.redhotpawn.com seems fine).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree