Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 18 May '03 23:43
    Over past week or so I seem to be getting a few errors when using site (php I think).

Don't think it is my end as I've used PCs at home and work and seen same thing.

Last time it occured was when I was posting to the forum (no doubt it will happen after I post this (I'll note down the error and post if it does).

DOes anyone else experience this type of problem?
  2. 18 May '03 23:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Lazaraus
    Over past week or so I seem to be getting a few errors when using site (php I think).

Don't think it is my end as I've used PCs at home and work and seen same thing.

Last time it occured was when I was posting to the forum (no doub ...[text shortened]... if it does).

DOes anyone else experience this type of problem?
    Yes, it did it again - here is the offending URL and message:

http://www.redhotchess.com/board/threadcreate.php

Error
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The requested operation could not be performed by the proxy.
    Document contains no data
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Proxy server at ham-proxy2 on port 8000

PS I get this with Mozilla and IE

3. 18 May '03 23:51 / 1 edit
  4. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    19 May '03 14:05
    Originally posted by Lazaraus
    Yes, it did it again - here is the offending URL and message:

http://www.redhotchess.com/board/threadcreate.php

Error
    The requested operation could not be performed by the proxy.
    Document contains no data
    --------------------------------------------------------------- ...[text shortened]... ------------
    Proxy server at ham-proxy2 on port 8000

PS I get this with Mozilla and IE

I get the same error message when I post something in the forum.It does get posted though:-)
  5. 19 May '03 15:57
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    I get the same error message when I post something in the forum.It does get posted though:-)
    Yes, mine gets posted too but I have to click back a couple of times.

I thought it worth highlighting just in case there was a more serious problem.
  6. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    19 May '03 20:55
    It appears that your proxy server is objecting to something (stating the obvious). Do you ever see similar errors on other sites?

-Russ
  7. 19 May '03 21:15
    This theory might seem a bit....stupid, but I think it's correct...it happens to me a lot...and only when I post a small message...when I post a larger message (something like this) it doesn't happen....I know, it sounds strange...but that's what I've discovered!

Olav
  8. 19 May '03 21:37
    Originally posted by Russ
    It appears that your proxy server is objecting to something (stating the obvious). Do you ever see similar errors on other sites?

-Russ
    At home I currently connect through FreeBSD firewall to my ISP (dialup unfortunately) and the config hasn't changed for sometime. So I don't see how it could be proxy issue.

Maybe at work, because no doubt everything is going out through corporate firewall + proxy (big brother is watching).

No problems on any other sites.
    So I wondered if changes had been made at RHP.

I'm working at the moment, but I will do a thorough audit when I get home to see if anything is out of place.

However if we all have only recently started seeing this issue (LivingLegend (Belgium) and SirLoseAlot(Netherlands - me in UK)) then I am more inclined to beleive it is due to a change on the site.

HEy, at the end of the day I'm not bothered by this and I can still use the site perfectly well. I just thought it worth mentioning to the site admins.

Cheers
    Laz
  9. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    20 May '03 18:44
    I don't get an error message anymore.Now,I get this "the page cannot be viewed" thingie.But everything still gets posted.LMAO
  10. Standard member SirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    21 May '03 03:52
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    This theory might seem a bit....stupid, but I think it's correct...it happens to me a lot...and only when I post a small message...when I post a larger message (something like this) it doesn't happen....I know, it sounds strange...but that's what I've discovered!

Olav
    Well,stupid or not,I tried to post a long message and guess what....NO ERROR!Strange but true.So from now on I will only post long ones😛.Though it is hard to write when you have nothing left to say😕