1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 00:45
    I was just wonderin' why lots of the graphs of the players' games seem to have dramatic dips and then back ups. Would this be because they resign or time out on lots of games and then come back again .....or what?
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 01:45
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I was just wonderin' why lots of the graphs of the players' games seem to have dramatic dips and then back ups. Would this be because they resign or time out on lots of games and then come back again .....or what?
    Put your cursor over the graph,left click and see for youself.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 04:11
    Or, putting it another way, why do they let so many time out at once?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 08:55
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Or, putting it another way, why do they let so many time out at once?
    They go on vacation or something, don't play games for a couple
    of months and all the games they are playing timed out, then they
    have to start over basically.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 17:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    They go on vacation or something, don't play games for a couple
    of months and all the games they are playing timed out, then they
    have to start over basically.
    Thanks,

So it's all down to them not synchronizing their vacations with their games?

Seems very lax of them.🙂
  6. Standard memberVovochka
    Caro-Kann Lover
    Rishon-le-Zion
    Moves
    25 Nov '05 19:04
    If you talk abt dramatic dips, then I can think abt 3 reasons:

1) vacations
    2) a-la Dusnrogers: that is someone who plays at X-rating begins more than 100 games (preferably in tournaments, where all ranges of ratings exist), moves quickly in games against weaker opponents and slower against those who are stronger and wins game after game reaching (X + 200) and higher rating. Then very glad with his achievement he resigns all the games with worse positions and repeats it again
    3) being kickedfrom the clan (not because being inactive - it would be first case) and resigning all clan games on purpose - just like "take my eye off, but take both from my neighbour". Of course it usually will result in one-event dip and return, but lately I read that there are few players who like to join clans and then leave them, certainly it is some kind of disease that can get name after its patient, that is "a-la ..." or " ... syndrome"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree