1. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    08 Jul '03 10:14
    Russ

Now that we have all those cute little flags cropping up all over the place - wouldn't it be nice if we ignoramouses could click on a flag and get to know which country it represents... there must be some pretty obscure ones out there 😉

Rhymester
  2. Amsterdam
    Moves
    08 Jul '03 12:11
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    Russ

Now that we have all those cute little flags cropping up all over the place - wouldn't it be nice if we ignoramouses could click on a flag and get to know which country it represents... there must be some pretty obscure ones out there 😉

Rhymester
    That would be nice indead, but for the Player Tables and Profiles you have to search, wouldn't it be nice if they were also shown in the Forums?

Olav
  3. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    09 Jul '03 01:29
    How does one display I flag (not, of course, that royalchicken would be caught dead displaying an American flag)?
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    09 Jul '03 01:36
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    How does one display I flag (not, of course, that royalchicken would be caught dead displaying an American flag)?
    Go to 'my home', then 'profile settings'. You will see the box at the bottom of the page. It will display the flag that matches the country of origin you have shown on your 'details' page. (The one you entered when you registered). You can change it to whatever country you want on that page.

regards, Marc
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jul '03 08:421 edit
    Ok, I will probably add a 'what flag?' page which lists them all and their respective country names.

But then you will see the gaping holes in the collection of flags.... 😳

-Russ
  6. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    09 Jul '03 09:02
    Originally posted by Russ
    Ok, I will probably add a 'what flag?' page which lists them all and their respective country names.

But then you will see the gaping holes in the collection of flags.... 😳

-Russ
    Russ

I wouldn't have thought you'd need to set up a separate page... surely the only flags that people can choose are the ones that you have made available and they do this by scrolling down the list that you've provided.

Wouldn't it be sufficient to display the country name that they've chosen from this list in their profile - to the right of the flag perhaps. You could code it so that this information would only be displayed if they've chosen to display a flag.

Not sure if this would be easier or more difficult for you though.

Rhymester
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jul '03 09:22
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    Russ

I wouldn't have thought you'd need to set up a separate page... surely the only flags that people can choose are the ones that you have made available and they do this by scrolling down the list that you've provided.

Wouldn't it be sufficient to display the country name that they've chosen from this list in their profile - to the right of t ...[text shortened]... splay a flag.

Not sure if this would be easier or more difficult for you though.

Rhymester
    Well, I don't have a flag to match every selectable country.

Someone had granted me permission to use a set of flags, and the ones I don't have, I do myself. I just got a little bored of matching the flags to ISO codes... I could complete this list with a few spare hours though.

Showing the name on the profile alone sounds like a nice solution.

-Russ

8. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    09 Jul '03 09:31

Someone had granted me permission to use a set of flags, and the ones I don't have, I do myself. I just got a little bored of matching the flags to ISO codes... I could complete this list with a few spare hours though.

-Russ

I see your problem.... perhaps you need a set of dialogue boxes along the lines of:

"Are you sure this is the country in which you reside?"

"Absolutely sure?"

"Have you ever thought of emigrating? There are some really nice countries out there with exceptionally pretty flags..."

😉

Rhymester
  9. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    11 Jul '03 03:45

-Russ

Russ,
    Would it be possible to select another flag than the coutry of residence?
    Like the country of origin?
    I would prefer a finnish flad instead of the U.S. flag!

Harri / Luck
  10. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    11 Jul '03 07:11
    Originally posted by Luck
    Russ,
    Would it be possible to select another flag than the coutry of residence?
    Like the country of origin?
    I would prefer a finnish flad instead of the U.S. flag!

Harri / Luck
    Luck,

The flag is derived from your country of origin (My Home > My Details).
    For the Forum settings you can still use your current location.
    Although you travel a lot there must have been a country you started your travels from at the first place. So you can pick that for your country of origin. ;-)

Gotti

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree